View Full Version : How old is too old??

Saltheart
05-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Time breastfeeding cover sparks controversy | The Cutline - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/time-breastfeeding-cover-sparks-immediate-controversy-151539970.html)

Pretty weird or is it just me?

bassballer
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Shes hot

The Dad Fisherman
05-10-2012, 02:17 PM
I thought the same thing...I'd still be latched on

fishbones
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
That kid's gonna be a disaster when he grows up.

PaulS
05-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Bizarre

basswipe
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
That ain't right.

Jackbass
05-10-2012, 03:30 PM
That is the epitome of a boob Nazi. I had a baby last May and my wife's milk didn't really come in that well. So our baby was cranky for the first couple weeks wasn't gaining weight etc. etc. Finally one Sunday night I mix up a batch of formula put it in the kids mouth and she took it all down. All along the boob Nazis were making us feel like #^&#^&#^&#^& because the baby wasn't gaining weight it was obviously something we were doing wrong. They make you feel like a second-class citizen if you can't breast-feed properly. That poor kids got to go to high school and somebody's going to dig out that article and he's going to get absolutely berated. My daughter was on a mix of formula and breast milk from the time she was two weeks old to nine months old. She is freaking gigantic at 11 months old she is over 30 pounds and she wears size 2T clothes. And she is not fat. She has also barely been sick. Even though I've had multiple colds and stomach bug my baby has avoided it all. Next baby we have we're going to kick the boob Nazis out of the room soon as they get there
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Plenty of science that shows breast feeding is vastly superior to formula, but after a year or so it does seem pretty weird. Wasn't there a comedy a few years ago where a 4 year old latches on at a party?

basswipe
05-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I used to work with a guy who's wife breast-fed till their son was four!And to make it even more bizarre this dude strapped on the man-boob when his wife was at work.

PRBuzz
05-10-2012, 04:02 PM
surprised someone didn't already say:

:nopics:

So here it is:

Piscator
05-10-2012, 04:07 PM
"Got Mom?"

I mean.....

"Got Milf?"

I mean.....

"Got Milk?"

FishermanTim
05-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Here's an interesting question: Do the breasts continue to produce milk long after the pregnancy is over? I'm talking after over 3 years?

If milk production drops enough that a child (NOT infant at that age) can't get sufficient nourishment from breastmilk ALONE, then the mother is subconciously doing this for themselves....PERIOD.

Kind of like a sexual version of Munchousen-by-Proxy with a child and her breast as the focal point of her "control" and "needing attention".

I do agree that if that picture does resurface in a few years (and believe me, someone WILL MAKE SURE it does), then that kid is in for a hell of a time, and mommy's titties ain't gonna fix that one!!!!

spence
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
It's demand and supply. As long as there is demand there will be a supply, hence the wet nurse.

Piscator
05-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Spence is correct

Jackbass
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
It is far superior for many reasons. The number one reason is the mother passes on antibodies in immunities through the Closterine (sp) which is pass on within the first month or two. I cannot imagine at three years old a child is getting any sort of health benefit by breast-feeding still. It is unnatural how many animal species do you know of that breast feed their young for three years?

PRBuzz
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I would doubt that breast milk is his sole source of nourishment, kid looks pretty healthy. Maybe he just gets with his Oreo's?:rotf2:

Raven
05-10-2012, 06:48 PM
sick

Jenn
05-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Bottom line is if the kid can ask for it, thats to old.

When you tally it all up in the end I wonder if it would be the twisted mother that has more issues or the kid......

Clammer
05-10-2012, 08:16 PM
dAMN .ITS GREAT BY ME & i,VE BEEN S#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&G THEM FOR 65 YEARS :drool:

ThrowingTimber
05-10-2012, 09:22 PM
nothing beats cookies 'n milf :)

FishermanTim
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
If a child was INTENDED to breastfeed for as long as these whackos allow, why the hell does the kid have teeth?????

It's call WEANING people, and the longer you continue, the harder it will be for the kid to stop. Imagine how proud the mom will be when her 4 year old starts DEMANDING to be fed wherever they are?

This is not a nuturing thing, but a "I'm a better parent than you because I (think I) care more about my child than you do about yours" mentality.

Let's see how this product of a "California dreamer" turns out.

RIJIMMY
05-11-2012, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=FishermanTim;938237]Here's an interesting question: Do the breasts continue to produce milk long after the pregnancy is over? I'm talking after over 3 years?

QUOTE]

absolutely, how do you think it works with a cow? They give birth and once they do, you continue to milk them for years. the milk keeps coming

PaulS
05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Was just watching CNN and someone said that no Dr. org. gives an age recomendation when to stop.

The mom was on and she looked even better than the mag. cover.

JohnnyD
05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I thought I heard that in many, many countries, kids often are breastfed until the age of 2 or 3.

Like many of the taboos in our society, I'd bet a lot of the outrage is drummed up from our Puritan roots.

RIJIMMY
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM
there are probabaly 200 moms who do this out of the millions in the USA. why this is a cover story is beyond me.
I also think this falls in the category of none of your business - its their kids, they should do what they think is best.

Sea Dangles
05-11-2012, 01:31 PM
There are 200 in Mansfield.

Raven
05-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Really ! 200 Blonde Hotties in Mansfield that like to have lips on their breast?

i'll be doing some drinkin in that TOWN ! :uhuh: