View Full Version : Offshore Saturday

thefishingfreak
05-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Got plenty of room....
{well behaved} Kids are kool too..
Mostly groundfish maybe bass on the way in.
One thing I'm not known for is coming home early so if Nanna has a cookout at 3:00. Fugetaboutit.
Text, email me whatever

PRBuzz
05-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Good luck, I hope to scout the southern end on Sunday!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
05-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Moved to main forum for more love....

thefishingfreak
05-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks boss

RickBomba
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Too bad I have plans. Will try to get out with you at some point.

thefishingfreak
05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Fishin accomplished
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/ed755400.jpg

STRIPERSHAWN
05-20-2012, 08:17 AM
hi fishing freak i belive we where fishin next to you east of stellwagon for a while i was in a 23 ft parker you guy where trying to anchor on the platue we where the only 2 boats there, how did you end up doing there, we picked away at haddock and redfish some cod, we moved around but ended up coiming back to that spot, shawn ludlow mass

thefishingfreak
05-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes that was me we stayed there all day. Probly took 25 haddock a couple reel nice cod and about a dozen other fish. Reds,hake,cusk etc.
That's been a good spot lately. Obviously the gill netters have'nt found it yet.

STRIPERSHAWN
05-20-2012, 07:46 PM
between the trawlers and the netters there is not much out there, compared too the last few years, yah we caught a lot of red fish there haddock cusk and cod , have you thought about heading too tillis and jefferys ledge , any better fishing up there, we moved about 10 other spots with poor results, hit the stripers at race point after the cod fishing and picked off a few, do you guys have a lot more success anchoring and chumming ?? shawn

thefishingfreak
05-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Was planning on anchoring there and chumming but couldn't find the right spot. They seemed to be holding to one small patch.
The last 2-3 trips all I've done is burn up fuel looking for something better. So I'll stick with that for now. My friend fished fillies that day and got mostly cusk.
I'm happy with a cooler full of haddock.
I'll be going again this Long weekend and looking for crew also.

thefishingfreak
05-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Is that your boat? The hyper striper?

Sea Dangles
05-21-2012, 06:27 AM
A friend of mine went out from Portsmouth NH and did well with some 20s mixed in.

STRIPERSHAWN
05-21-2012, 04:19 PM
yah 23 ft parker i trailer from ludlow mass so its a longggg day we dont leave the fishing grounds early either, 2 hour tow each way so we try to get our moneys worth out of the day, just sent you a friend request on your face book be great to buddy boat some time and hunt down some ground fish or tuna, we fish block island alot and south of the island for sharks , shawn