View Full Version : Rain Gear...

MountainBreeze
05-23-2003, 08:10 AM
What do you guys have for rain gear?

Do you wear waders and a "jacket" or something else?

I wear waders and a dry top in the yak' but need something on top when fishin' from shore in the rain.

Thanks folks,
Rob

BigFish
05-23-2003, 08:17 AM
I wear waders and a top quality rain jacket w/hood.:uhuh:

Goose
05-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Rain skin is an affordable jacket 30$....don't think they make bottems. Carters Clothing

Rappin Mikey
05-23-2003, 09:00 AM
What Bigfish said. But I usually wear a winter hat under my hood due to the evil balding god.

Saltheart
05-23-2003, 09:10 AM
I got them all! ;)
Sea Gear
Helly Hansen
goretex
wet suit jacket ( forgot the brand name)

I mostly wear the goretex cause its light weight. in a huuricane , the wet suit top will keep you dry except for what you sweat. sea gear and helly hanson are in between. neoprene and verlcro closures and storm flaps , even on the pockes. Bottoms is waders if bad are just jeans that get wet if just showers. Had grundens but I sweat like a pig in them.

chris L
05-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Rappin Mikey
But I usually wear a winter hat under my hood due to the evil balding god.

I thought all rappers thought it was winter all year long ? you mean them all going bald . hahahahahahahahaha

I use a top and bottoms my top is from the waist up and my bottom is waist down . I thought we were all made the same ? guess not !

I have for wading jackets , a pro rainer breathable , a hodgeman sportsman breathable and a pvc wading jacket . I also wear my waders either my breathables or my hippers or my canvas waders .

get something with a hood and breathable .

macojoe
05-23-2003, 11:22 AM
I have waders and I have a Jacket and pants from Grundens.

Mike P
05-23-2003, 11:54 AM
Right now, waders and a Helly Hansen Imperitech jacket from the beach, ProRainer rainpants and the same jacket from the rocks.

But I'm hoping an Aquaskinz is in my near future :devil:

MountainBreeze
05-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the replies folks!

Decided to pick up a Grundens top and bottom. May be a little warm but, I could stand to sweat a bit. ;)

Good luck if you make it out ths weekend!

Rob

RickBomba
05-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Maybe one day Chris is goin to find his hair floatin down the river.
Love,
Rick
Your friend with the clippers.:confused: PS-I really am glad your OK.
Hope the addition's going well.
PM me if you want to talk, I'll come to you so we can fish if you want.
Later,
Rick

BasicPatrick
05-23-2003, 11:23 PM
Anyone know where to buy Aquaskinz???

Raven
05-24-2003, 06:17 AM
/scubaconnection.com/ 40 bucks nice price :)

fishweewee
05-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Grunden's in warm weather.

Bronco neoprene in freezing weather.

I had a chance to check out the Aquaskinz, they are schweet, but, like BP, I'm trying to find out where in New England we can buy them.

-WW

chris L
05-24-2003, 08:00 AM
LOL at rick . hair floating down river now thats a nightmare . just remember you have to deal with the wife after I have short hair . red heads can be very mean ! firery mad ! Im afraid of her ! LOL . I went out last night for some small blues was looking for weaks . The addition ran into a delay because the town wants a curtain drain installed around the foundation . no big deal just push the trades back a day or two . ive been knocking the large trout dead in " the river " . Im heading up to the cape for a few days either 6/4 - 6/6 or 6/8 - 6/10 . Rick you still heading out there Sundays and mondays ?

I like to party with sordid people ! I fit right in !

nightfighter
05-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Whatever became of Crazy Alberto's top that he was going to market?

milo
05-24-2003, 12:27 PM
thats the aquaskins everyone is waitin for ROSS:D

Mike P
05-24-2003, 04:07 PM
The first shipment of 600 Aquaskinz is spoken for, from what Alberto told me.

Already sold in several LI shops.

striper134
05-24-2003, 04:48 PM
The Saltwater Edge will have them soon. We are waiting for his next shipment of goods. Their not the cheapest alternative but man are they great for any shore angler who like the surf. Made by fisherman for fisherman.
Corey:)

Scotch Bonnet
05-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Any info on the web about Aqauskinz? I'd like to check them out but I ain't drivin to LI.

nightfighter
05-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Dope slap from MILO!

I'll get you back down on Cutty:D Payback's a beach

So now that I've been re-educated by the gentleman from Fahl Reeve.....how do we find out about the virtues of this great alternative? Alberto, you getting on the Sponsor's Special page I hope?

milo
05-24-2003, 08:25 PM
wasnt meant like that ROSS,you know that:smash: .........and whats wrong with FALL RIVIERA,and a couple of crazy PORTS goin with ya to Cutty,so ya better watch it or else I'll tell em' what you said about em:D ......HOPE to see ya there:D ,if ya cant make it I'll just think of you as I watch that SUNRISE:p

RickBomba
05-24-2003, 10:45 PM
Hallo Chris,
Yep every Sunday and monday.
The wife has left so I have lots o time on me hands.
Rappin Mikey will be happy yer available.
You pm or post when your going and we will meet you at whatever venue you see fit.
Later,
Rick
ps-you guys want to stay at my house on the way back, you're more than welcome. 65 minutes from Chapin.:happy: :happy: :D :D :rolleyes:

fishweewee
05-27-2003, 08:54 AM
*bumpity-bump*

Crazy Alberto
05-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Nightfighter posted:
Whatever became of Crazy Alberto's top that he was going to market?
I have been very busy lately with the AquaSkinz business but I am still here. BTW: How do I get into Sponsor's Special page? Please provide more info and if there’s anything we can do to assist JohnR’s site… we will! ;)

Scotch Bonnet posted:
Any info on the web about Aqauskinz? I'd like to check them out but I ain't drivin to LI.
The AquaSkinz website is currently under constructions… :putin: but if you need further information, you can always post here or contact me direct at NonStopFisher@aol.com -or- AquaSkinz.alberto@verizon.net

striper134 posted:
The Saltwater Edge will have them soon. We are waiting for his next shipment of goods. Their not the cheapest alternative but man are they great for any shore angler who like the surf. Made by fisherman for fisherman.
It was really nice to meet you this past weekend. Kadir and I look forward to fishing with you soon. Also, please send my regards to Peter, Iron Mikeand Tattoo! BTW: Montauk was alive with many big fish up to 45 lbs. and they are heading your way!

Hi Folks,
Striper134 is correct, Saltwater Edge will have them in stock very soon with ample orders of the Hurricane (High-grade neoprene) and the Evolution (Light wear) AquaSkinz Drytops. Also, Quakers will be carrying a minimal order for starters.

We have been really busy lately but we are currently scheduled to be in your area (Massachusetts) during the first week of June! At this time we have a few shops in mind but if you like to recommend your favorite shop… we will be happy to evaluate.

Enough of this biz stuff.... Can we talk about fishing? Since we are going to be in your fishing playgrounds... What’s happening in your area? cough it up and give the scoop. :)

“Crazy” Alberto