View Full Version : Race Point

Rappin Mikey
05-23-2003, 09:15 AM
Does anybody have any information on how Race Point has been producing?

BigFish
05-23-2003, 10:24 AM
All the recent reports that I have read as of this morning indicate
that even driving down there right now would be a waste of time.
I was down Ballston Beach the other day and caught one schoolie
and they are catching a few decent keepers at Sunken Meadow
but Race Point has yet to turn around. I also am waiting to do
some fishing down there.:ss:

Rappin Mikey
05-23-2003, 10:44 AM
I'll be there everyweekend as soon as things pick up. Look for a black jeep cherokee with a rod rack and a s-b sticker on the rear bumper at the night fishing area.

macojoe
05-23-2003, 11:13 AM
I also hear that there is nothing there rt now. They have bee doing pretty good at sunken medow. I watched bring in a nice keeper there.
As for a waste of time to drive to the Race? I never think that! It is so nice to walk the beach listen to the waves and to see what the tide has brought in. I have a fence of bouy hanging from the Race. I have a couple of nice plugs that I found hooked to a net that washed ashore.

BigFish
05-23-2003, 12:08 PM
:ss: You are so right MacoJoe, I think it is worth the trip anytime I drive all the way down the Cape. Just that that gentleman was looking for scenery with scales. Macojoe, have you been out on The Race yet, and if so, what condition is the beach in?:bounce:

macojoe
05-23-2003, 12:52 PM
I have been twice now, and not for about 3 weeks. It was not to bad. But there was alot of trash around. I filled to bags of trash real fast. I hauled them to the dump. I will be going this week sometime if the rain let up. I work toningt then I am off till 10pm Wed. But I hear the next good sunny day won't be till Thursday.

redlite
05-23-2003, 02:07 PM
I posted beach/ fishing conditions from the begining of the week in an earlier thread. Beach is real chewed up and bumpy. Seems people aren't airing down enough. Can drive the front beach out to the race, but to get to Hatches Harbor, you need to take the inside fire road. The hill to the back beach is really chewed up. You can run down past the Mission Bell as far as the dune tour access road. Enjoy. Will be back down mid week.

The best I have done was I walked in from the race one morning and picked up 6 plugs. All but one were real servicable. Blues=free tackle for the beach walker.:laughs: