View Full Version : JohnR - I Feel Your Pain

fireguy
05-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Yesterday, 30 firefighters received notice of layoff and demotion starting next week. I am #28 on the layoff list. I will be demoted to firefighter and get a pink slip. They are closing my station (we are first due to Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station) and two others. We were the only department in town to layoff workers. See you on the water.

Raven
05-23-2003, 12:20 PM
welcome to the ranks of fisherman fire guy.... sorry to hear but welcome just the same.;)

STEVE IN MASS
05-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Bummer.....a regretful "welcome to the club".......:(

BigBo
05-23-2003, 03:29 PM
I'm a new member of the club as of last Wednesday!:af: Been with the Co. 14 yrs and they wouldn't even look me in the eye. :bshake:
Oh well, at least it came at a good time of year. Had it been this past winter, someone could have gotten hurt.:bsod: :liquify:
The wife says that I should take the summer off. :happy: :happy: :happy: Didn't take a lot of convincing until I finally agreed.:hee:
See youz guys on the water!:wavey:

JohnR
05-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear that guys, I really am...

Dr Sommerauf can provide a little elixir perhaps...

mrmacey
05-23-2003, 07:24 PM
DO I see a limo pool forming we can cover the whole state

limozz.com :happy: :happy:

Raven
05-24-2003, 07:16 AM
Mr Macey yeah!-> limos with rod racks on top and Striped Bass.com on the side...(magnetic signs) umbrella drinks and lure selection walls on consignment...some of those mini hula dancers and fish scents on tap...outside of course...a refridgerated trunk full of mackeral and heavy duty shocks to support it.Interior TV with full weather info 24/7 ...special wake you up quick coffee.
exterior line dispensor rack and ice compartment for bass.....
i can see it now.....:cheers: :gu:

fireguy
05-24-2003, 08:39 PM
As the layoff notices were being prepared, we responded to a multiple alarm fire involving several warehouses adjacent to Cordage park. If this had happen next week... We had numerous injuries to our personnel when the buildings began to collapse. I'm not bitter though. To anyone from Westerly, Rhode Island thanks for the use of former Town Manager - she is a real love.