View Full Version : Pollen WTF

PRBuzz
05-29-2012, 06:02 PM
With the early warm weather you woulda thunk that pollen season was over but never been sooooo bad!:smash: Washed off some stuff today (like solar panels) and within 15 min covered again. Typically in a "normal" season pollen is mostly over by mid-May, today is May 29!

ProfessorM
05-29-2012, 07:36 PM
driving home from work today it looked like a friggin sand storm with the wind blowing the crap all over the place. As bad as I can remember

PRBuzz
05-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Last weekend (prior to Mem Day) the ocean for miles was YELLOW!

Raven
05-30-2012, 04:22 AM
it was even inside the hummingbird feeders rising to the top and then it morphed
into creature looking stuff.... Glad you posted because i've never ever seen it so bad either.

Had a real Gully washer of a downpour last night...cars are clean as is the air finally!

FishermanTim
05-30-2012, 11:44 AM
It seems like the pollen gets worse year after year, and people's allergies get worse as well.

Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Happening" where the plants had finally evolved a defense mechanism that they released into the air as a plant pheroemone that caused people to kill themselves.

I know that it's only a movie, and the plot a bit far-fetched, but when you take into consideration how the pollen "season" seems to last longer each year and people's allergies are getting more and more severe each year as well.

Just the science-fiction lover in me seeing strange parrallels.....

Saltheart
05-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Sorry , didn't see this thread. Just posted about the pollen etc in the scuppers forum too. Bad time of year for me.

What's the best antihistamine for tree pollen?

striperman36
05-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Flonasie and Claritin work for me. Sun and Monday, I had acute sinus attacks, almost incapacitated. after the 2 meds I'm functional

Raven
05-31-2012, 04:44 AM
eating bee pollen that isn't air blown pollen is a way to desensitize you to air blown pollen for allergies all though that cannot change the clogging effect of
breathing it in...

nightfighter
05-31-2012, 05:36 AM
From our police log on Saturday:smash:

•At 7:26 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report that something yellow had been dumped in the harbor. The substance was later determined to be tree pollen.

Raven
05-31-2012, 06:13 AM
OMG a DARWINIAN contestant

basswipe
05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
My allergies are usually quite bad but this has been the tamest year ever for me!