View Full Version : Boston Seafood Company Hiring

Typhoon
06-04-2012, 08:43 AM
We're hiring a seafood salesperson. Location: South Boston. Requirements: Getting up early (6am start) Have to like dead fish. Have to have thick skin. Some sales or culinary experience required. Very fast paced environment. We sell imported and domestic seafood off auctions. It's like selling stocks except our stock is dead fish. The market rises and falls and money can be made or lost fast.

Most of the customers are outdoorsman who fish themselves. I've found that if you can talk fishing with people you do just fine.

We're a very corporate office. Business attire. A lot of fish companies are jeans and flip flops, we're not. We're also not a company that requires their sales team to pack orders. (a big plus).

Email me AndrewM at aquanor-usa.com

Raider Ronnie
06-04-2012, 09:33 AM
How many hours a day Internet surfing is included when you start ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Typhoon
06-04-2012, 09:41 AM
I appointed myself director of social media. I get paid to surf the internet.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. :D

Swimmer
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I know a bear on Orleans that would be interested.

JohnR
06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I appointed myself director of social media. I get paid to surf the internet.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. :D

:rotf2:

Interesting opportunity for someone.

chapinfisherman
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
commision?

qualifications?

Typhoon
06-04-2012, 06:06 PM
We don't work with commission on fresh seafood. There are weeks like this week where you don't get a pound of fish and you'd starve. I'd much prefer salary.

Qualifications: Some sales or culinary experience. Not my requirement but I've never seen anyone hired without a degree. Some of the best fish salesmen I've ever met hardly graduated high school.

chefchris401
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Email on its way!

Typhoon
06-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Email on its way!

I didn't receive one from you Chris. Did you send it?

chefchris401
06-05-2012, 07:06 AM
I didn't receive one from you Chris. Did you send it?

Andrew, couldn't send it yesterday, was at work all day. And didn't have an updated copy on my iPhone.

Trying to do it now.

FISHING_FOOL
06-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Email on the way!

thefishingfreak
06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Where's your place?
On the fish pier?

Typhoon
06-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Where's your place?
On the fish pier?

We're over in Andrew Square in Widett Circle.

The meat market.

Due to the overwhelming response I've received, I want to remind everyone that although I'm the sales manager, my owners are the ones who are judge jury and executioner on resumes.

Please don't take it personally if you get an email back saying "thanks but no thanks". You could have the best resume in the world but if the last name is 5 letters instead of 6 and you were born in the August and we didn't make money in August, you could get denied. It's black magic. Don't ask me how they decide. I've had several resumes that I like get rejected.

Please don't shoot the messenger.