View Full Version : I have a dumb question about kids...

fishweewee
05-23-2003, 09:56 PM
...this is kind of random.

I don't have kids of my own yet.

My wife says most people don't bathe their young kids everyday.

Is this true?

-WW:confused:

Raven
05-24-2003, 07:00 AM
Kids don't have to be bathed every day, taken from:
www.parentkidsright.com/
i liked the parents time out....as when my better half gets me real mad i go fishing for hours, ->days ...and cool out fishing.... rather than
staying and engaging in useless battle. After being married enough years the women know exactly which buttons to push.
Thats like special opps intel....so now its....oh? you're mad? ok!
bu bye wavin _>you just gave me my ticket to ride. Gone Fishin!:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :ss:

Bill L
05-24-2003, 07:04 AM
When they're in diapers, bath every day (think about it :laughs: )

Goose
05-24-2003, 07:07 AM
We're blessed with three kids.....according to my wife she says ya don't want get the oils off on babys skin

Raven
05-24-2003, 07:24 AM
certain oils clog pores ...(pizza ) and other oils provide nourishment and or bennefit to skin. As in jojoba oil.... emu oil - olive oil ---where as mineral oil and baby oil i wont use... ever... cooking oil is good on shovel handels after you sand them....less splinters.:)

likwid
05-24-2003, 11:11 AM
what about good ole 10w30?
works great in the jeep :smash:

Raven
05-24-2003, 11:34 AM
sprayed on bad knees /shoulder gives your rom (range of motion) back.
and you say WHAT? thats crazy-> but it works and people think nothing about soakin a carbuerator in it and getting it on their hands...some say it works as a bait spray too... don't get the logic there...either...:o just bull$h'tn bout stuff. ayep

Slipknot
05-24-2003, 04:57 PM
As long as we aren't talking about infants here, it's been a loooong time since I dealt with that. But in the winter time depending on how active they are I'd say no, they don't need to bathe everyday. Once they get up in years to teenage then yes. So it depends on the kid I guess.
My kids are 9 and 12 and come summer they will be bathing about everyday depending on swimming too because they try to tell ya that swimming counts as a shower:rolleyes: I think they are allergic to soap or something:smash:
So in a nutshell Ben, I believe your wifes' statement could be considered correct.

Karl F
05-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Oldest is almost 18, plays sports, showers 3,4... er, constantly. Creates ghastly amounts of laundry, some of which should be burned!!! :eek: Youngest is 12, playing sports, and catching up shower and laundry wise, with her big brother.
Oh, yeah, oldest is bagging sand eels nights, for a neighbor that is a comm. bait guy. SCHWEET smelling kid, especially if he had practise first! (Nice part is his job bennies! :D )

Ben, your wife is right about the infants, just got to wash the important parts thouroughly between the bi-weekly tub times.
Was it Redd Foxx that said, "Ya doesn't have to wash your whole a$$, but yas got to wash your a--hole" ? :laughs:
Something like that..... ;)

fishweewee
05-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Okay, I've been edumacated.

Personally, I would have leaned towards hosing down the kids at least once a day, but what the heck do I know, I'm a guy. :laughs:

Scotch Bonnet
05-25-2003, 07:13 PM
We use the bath as part of their daily routine. My kids(5+2) like to play in the bath and it calms them down. They get the scrub down every other day. FWW, baby in the near future???

PNG
05-25-2003, 09:00 PM
When U smell'm B4 U C'm its time.

fishweewee
05-26-2003, 06:11 AM
Scotch... I dunno. :confused: :eek:

FISH AYE
05-27-2003, 06:25 AM
I have a 2 year old and a 1 month old. The two year old we give a bath, just about every night. 1) it calms him down 2) it gets all the food he mashed into his hair out. Nothing worse than sleeping with pizza sauce, a little cheese and milk in your head. Except for when you are the one to wake them up and get a wiff of OLD milk...YUM YUM......

The 1 month old just wash down with a damp cloth.

But, what do I know

Jimbo
05-27-2003, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't think there's a hard and fast rule on bathing kids, but ours get a hose down at least every other day. Well the 7 year old we have to drag in or she'd never go on her own. The other one's 13 and probably in the past year of two started an everyday routine, but teenage girls at that age are all about the look and fashion and "bed head" would simply crush the image. I will say one of the absolute best smells in the entire world is a baby that's just had a bath in that Johnson's No More Tears baby soap.