View Full Version : Weekend wrap up

nightfighter
06-11-2012, 07:01 AM
An annual trip to Cuttyhunk that I have been doing for some time took place this weekend. Twenty one members took up residence at the Fishing Club beginning Thursday and Friday. All but one caught fish with a number of PBs recorded, and the biggest fish being a 38#. Many first time participants on this trip. Food was out of this world, and we hosted a dinner Saturday for 40, including three other groups that were also on island, Ct Surfcasters and Z Bass among them.

I have put up this thread to share with the S-B community, despite it being available to report chasers and the bots.... Hope some of the guys will share their experience and pics with you all here.

I'm junk. Back to the real world

The Dad Fisherman
06-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Having a hard time keeping my eyes open this morning....fell asleep 3 times yesterday sitting on the couch when I got back....

Great weekend this.....I honestly thought....was one oif the best so far.

Backbeach Jake
06-11-2012, 07:45 AM
My son was married yesterday at Roger Williams Natl Park.
The night before the two familys enjoyed Waterfire in Providence
after dinner at Julian's. Best weekend I've had in a long time.

johnny ducketts
06-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I really wanted to fish last night, but I just couldn't do it. I am still amped about the trip, and am thinking of doing some commando runs this summer, who's up for it.

JohnnySaxatilis
06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Nice to meet everyone, the cookout was outstanding, special thanks to chef and everyone who contributed to the amazing food, and allowing us freeloaders to wander over and dig in!:hee:

btw anyone lose a brand spankin new black and purple surfster with black siwash?

MarshCappa
06-11-2012, 09:57 AM
I had a Freakin Blast!!! No PB for me but the whole experience was a PB as far as having my best overall fishing trip with some outstanding folks. I learned a ton from you guys! I caught my first night keepers and took home some nice filets. My body is sore as hell today but it's a good feeling knowing that I fished my brains out out for two solid days.

johnny ducketts
06-11-2012, 10:01 AM
I think my sides still hurt from laughing at Ernie's jokes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
06-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Great trip for sure, more laughs than fish for me but that's what it's all about. Now I know why Ross posted the get in shape thread, that island isn't for "casual" fishing. We chased the boss and TDF thusday night as we had never been there before, found some fish then toured the north side of the island looking for more. Fridays storm made fishing "interesting" to say the least. Thanks Mark for taking us out in that mess, tough conditions but it didn't stop us from looking for fish. Saturday was awesome ChefChris and everyone else involved put out a huge meal for everyone! Food was outstanding, company was better. Highlights were many..and some won't be brought up :biglaugh:.

Rockport24
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Definitely one of the best times I've had out there. Just a great group of guys on this one. It was non-stop laughs with my crazy roomates!
I was truly able to just forgot about everything else and just enjoy it out there.

TDF and I hit it hard from the kayaks both day and night, but did better during the day! I too am sore all over, but it feels freakin' great.

capedeer/fish
06-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I was at Petes place with the Cape guys. Just want to thank everyone for inviting us over for some D-lish grub! Was a GREAT trip and I look forward to doing it again. Fished a lot and had a GREAT great time on "OLD DUDE SPRING BREAK! as we were calling it. Thanks again every1!

Liv2Fish
06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks for posting this. It was a quiet weekend on the board. I was wondering if you guys were all beat from slaying giants....

I'm already in for next year. What is the average cost of the stay, ferry, etc. I'll start embezzling from the check book now, I heard the new guy brings the lobster....

MarshCappa
06-12-2012, 08:29 AM
I really wanted to fish last night, but I just couldn't do it. I am still amped about the trip, and am thinking of doing some commando runs this summer, who's up for it.

Let me know if you're going back and I'll try to join you! Ducketts point produced one schoolie for me on Sunday afternoon!!

pbadad
06-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I heard from the Ct surf guys it was lock and load fishing with biggies galore!!

Hardcore
06-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Mike Roy from CT landed a 28,36,38 and lost 2 fish to straightened hooks.

nightfighter
06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I heard from the Ct surf guys it was lock and load fishing with biggies galore!!

Not exactly..... Fish were caught, but everyone worked for them. Couple of 20 and 30 pounders, but most were in the teens. Nothing wrong with it, just setting the record straight as far as our crew, and the CT guys reports at Saturday dinner.

blondterror
06-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Mike Roy from CT landed a 28,36,38 and lost 2 fish to straightened hooks.

Sweet... next time go with the 6X or Owner hooks...

Hardcore
06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Nightighter. We got in to bigger fish Saturday night before the moon rise.
Thursday night we got in to steady fish but biggest was 18#
Friday we got blown out.
Saturday night was by far the best! I was a calm dark night and we knew we had to put work before the moon came up. Tight lines!!!

nightfighter
06-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Nice report!

jonserfish
06-12-2012, 09:15 PM
All I can say is wow.What unforgiving , bowling ball coverd shoreline. I fished and laughed sooooo much that everything hurts. I had a great time meeting everyone I did on the rocks. I never made it to the feast but heard great things. One thing blew my mind.... for such a small island and all those surfcasters not once was there an issue(that I'm aware of)! Maybe a little rock envy but besides that it was kinda like striper woodstock. Or as we called it OLD DUDE SPRING BREAK. I think my three favorite sights where walking around at crazy hours through yards and seeing people coming and going in wet suits and waders, all the plugs hanging on every porch around, and the church with a STRIPER on the steeple. Not to mention I finally stepped up on a Cuttyhunk bass stand and landed a fish. Best time to fish was definately TWO OF!

jonserfish
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Johnny, I'll set em up you knock em down:smash:

nightfighter
06-13-2012, 07:02 AM
This thead needs more pics, guys.....

tysdad115
06-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Posted them in the cutty pics..cant double post. I have a few others though, heres some for now.

mrstriper
06-13-2012, 04:04 PM
I had a great time...met alot of nice guys from the site and CSA...watched chef rig eels...Thanks...and the guys- chef, warren, and blondterror to name a few-put out incredible food...and if I could spell charise I would tell you about the sausage and pepper subs waiting when we returned from fishing...and the laughs were great...

chefchris401
06-13-2012, 05:45 PM
was an awesome trip, overall :jump1:

great group of guys from the site, no egos, no bs, just good laughs, great food, and an amazing island and club house.

dinner on saturday was awesome, had everyone on the island over for a big meal, got to meet the CSA crew, Ron, Rob and ZeeBaaS guys and westport mafia, johnny sax and their crew.

fishing was good to great depending on who you asked and where you fished.

the island will and can kick your butt, lots of walking, and loose bowling ball sized rocks.

Thanks to Nightfighter, TDF and JohnR for putting the trip together and telling some great stories on the porch.

heres some pics from the trip, I only took a few.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/cb6e5d5b.jpg

pretty cool flower i found while walking the island.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/33089d03.jpg

A few of some of the island, boulder fields.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/1d93c58d.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/e5dc252e.jpg

Cool, little fish carcass washed up on the shore.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/DSCF1273.jpg

SS darter swallowed head first.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/DSCF1278.jpg

Surf Caster
06-14-2012, 05:04 PM
BTW, if anyone of you guys found a GRS SLIM medium diver in Blue Pearl Mack, I would love to have it back. The plug has some sentimental value to me and I would gladly pay shipping or whatever to have it back.

It lost it in the same cove you guys were catching your fish in!

Thanks

chefchris401
06-14-2012, 05:07 PM
I also lost a GRS slim in black scale yellow, a bm jr white w eyes, 2 ss darters in blurple and all yellow and ss bottle swimmer in green over white, when my bag opened will swimming out to school bus rock, was a crazy experience I'll write about once I get caught up with work.

blondterror
06-15-2012, 12:51 PM
a few more pictures...

MarshCappa
06-15-2012, 07:55 PM
I took that 2nd pic!!! Great Fish!! What a freaking weekend!! I miss you guys!!!:biglaugh::buds:

Tagger
06-16-2012, 05:05 AM
I love Cutty .. Been enjoying it some yrs. now thanks to original invite from Ross and SB . Thank You .. Week 1 went well also and is already booked for next year . We also had 2 PB's ..