View Full Version : Cutty this weekend--BIG THANK YOU

agsurfr
06-13-2012, 12:25 PM
A bunch of guys from the Ct Surfcaster's Association were on Cutty this weekend for a little fishing. We were treated to a spectacular feast on Saturday night courtesy of the SB.com guys who also happened to be there at the same time. We were invited up to the Bass Club to share the views, great food and meet some of the guys who post up here.

Great time. Met some of the boys over dinner which included raw oysters, steamed little necks, steak tips, corn on the cob, grilled striper with nectarine and PERFECTLY prepared tuna. We felt a little sheepish showing up with burgers and dogs.

Chef Chris said, "Hey, throw 'em on the grill if you want, but there's plenty of food, so go dig in."

We did and it was great! Really super way to start our trip. I just wanted to thank you guys for the hospitality. It was a pleasure.

Hopefully we can do something similar in the future and the CSA gang can contribute.

We all had a blast--thanks again for the invite!

aram

blondterror
06-13-2012, 01:18 PM
We had a blast too... great stories and keeping the wonderful tradition alive and well of surf fisherman sharing their love for the sport ... we are lucky to have so many great people involved with this forum... esp the ones that can cook so well

PaulS
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Agree that it was fun.

The Blondterror was in the kitchen helping Chef Chris cook.

Aram - Thanks for doing the dishes.

PRBuzz
06-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Who brought tuna?

agsurfr
06-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Dunno, but it was rare and tasty. No leftovers on that platter.

chefchris401
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Been wanting to post on a few cutty related threads and finally have the time today.

It was great hosting the dinner on saturday and being able to get a lot of great fisherman, surfcasters, and friends over for a big meal.

Was niced meeting you Aram and the rest of the guys from CSA, and Ron and zeebaas guys.

Phil I brought the tuna, which was marinated in one of my recipes, orange ginger marinade, awesome on tuna, and really good on pork chops.

Thanks again for coming by and hanging out and enjoying the food.