View Full Version : Wild turkey is in love with my son's mustang

Mr. Sandman
06-19-2012, 12:15 PM
This bird will not leave this car! I try to chase it away but it keeps coming back. He is next to it all day.

He is not afraid of me or anyone else. I am going to let my golden retriever out after it but I think this might get ugly.

JohnR
06-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Bird has taste

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-19-2012, 01:20 PM
LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!! IT'S PROBABLY HIGH ON BATH SALTS

likwid
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Bird has taste

No, he has a flavor. :devil2:

Let us know how much the vet trip is for the golden.

Moses
06-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Actually be careful he doesn't start attacking/scratching the beautiful car. Sometimes these dominant turkeys see their reflection and mistake it for another turkey and aggressively scratch/attack.

Saltheart
06-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Actually be careful he doesn't start attacking/scratching the beautiful car. Sometimes these dominant turkeys see their reflection and mistake it for another turkey and aggressively scratch/attack.

I would bet that is why its there. Sees the reflection like a mirror in that black shiny finish.

Raven
06-19-2012, 04:34 PM
just spray it with water

or lead it away with a trail

of sunflower seeds

Mr. Sandman
06-19-2012, 05:34 PM
The dog was going nuts in the house so I finally let her out....Those damn things can move when they want to...Man! he ran across the yard like he was shot out of a cannon, and they across the street and jumped/flew over a fence.

He then hung out in on the steps in front of my neighbors front glass storm door. (I bet he saw his reflection there too) and he called me and I let the dog out again...wow! that was cool to see. My dog is such a pussy though that if the bird stopped and held it's ground...she would not know what to do, the dog just wants to play. This has happened with skunks a few times. But she has learned the hard way with skunks.

PaulS
06-19-2012, 06:03 PM

A few years ago my parents had turkeys pecking at the shiny brass kick plate on their front door at sunrise. They turkeys thought they were rivals. Took about a week of opening the door and throwing water at them to make them stop.

Jenn
06-19-2012, 06:29 PM
A few years ago my parents had turkeys pecking at the shiny brass kick plate on their front door at sunrise. They turkeys thought they were rivals. Took about a week of opening the door and throwing water at them to make them stop.

Yeah ditto friend had a shiny black truck with a several inch strip of chrome along the bottom and the turkey messed up the side of his truck pretty good