View Full Version : Ryders and Crows

bigshrimpin
06-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Anyone hear if the town pushed through the closure last night?

http://www.chatham-ma.gov/Public_Documents/ChathamMA_Coastal/TownLndngRegs%20_Rev%206-12-12-web%20vers.pdf

10) Use of the boat launching ramp at the Old Mill Boat Yard and Crows Pond is reserved for Chatham residents and Chatham property taxpayers only, between June 1 and September 15. Non-residents may also utilize these ramps during this period for the private launching of their vessel if it has a valid Chatham boat mooring permit affixed to the vessel. Off-season use of the ramps is unrestricted.

11) The use of the ramp at Ryder’s Cove Landing from July 6 through September 30, excluding Labor Day weekend (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) is restricted to Chatham residents, Chatham property taxpayers and Chatham mooring permit holders. All other users of the Ryder’s Cove ramp during this period must first obtain a Ryder’s Cove Ramp Use Permit issued by the Harbormaster.

OLD GOAT
06-20-2012, 01:57 PM
40out of town permits can be purchased on line for Ryders cove landing.Find out from harbormaster.
As bad as that sounds it's not bad considering bass fishermen,comercial clammers, sealwatch boats and summer renters with boats are all trying to use the ramps

bigshrimpin
06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Just heard the proposal passed last night . . . as I understand the new regs

40 spots available for out of town folks are only available to non-residents OUTSIDE of the June 1st - Sept 15th. i.e. there is no parking for non-residents b/w June 1st and Sept 15th. Supposedly the parking and ramp restrictions go into effect July 6th.

thefishingfreak
06-20-2012, 02:31 PM
You mean to tell me you cannot use the ramp at Ryder's cove unless you're a chatham resident?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bigshrimpin
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
You mean to tell me you cannot use the ramp at Ryder's cove unless you're a chatham resident?

Yes . . . that what it looks like beginning July 6th.

Piscator
06-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Such a great location.

chathamblue30
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Tough news for all the commercial tuna,bass and cod guys fishing out of this area for the last 20-30 yrs and cant afford a home in pricey Chatham.

thefishingfreak
06-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Wonder how much the parking ticket is :hee:

bigshrimpin
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Wonder how much the parking ticket is :hee:

$50 and the cost of a tow

redlite
06-20-2012, 03:45 PM
$50 and the cost of a tow

just chain the truck and trailer to a tree like a bike.......

bigshrimpin
06-20-2012, 03:47 PM
just chain the truck and trailer to a tree like a bike.......

Tree Cops in Chatham will give you another ticket for that :)

thefishingfreak
06-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Tree Cops in Chatham will give you another ticket for that :)
Too funny

keeperreaper
06-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Got my resident sticker.

big jay
06-20-2012, 09:30 PM
I hope Sandwich, Banstable, and Sesuit get together and ban any truck/trailer with a Chatham sticker.
That way when Scorton goes off in August they can all go play with themselves on the backside.

likwid
06-21-2012, 06:03 AM
This has been discussed down my way.
Won't bother me, but look out Fairhaven and NB! Enjoy your fish racks all over the ramp!

chathamblue30
06-21-2012, 06:56 AM
I hope Sandwich, Banstable, and Sesuit get together and ban any truck/trailer with a Chatham sticker.
That way when Scorton goes off in August they can all go play with themselves on the backside.

What comes around in life always seems to come back in similar ways,well said Ron

macojoe
06-21-2012, 07:22 AM
this is the way, charge a Lic fee and close access to all! Glad i have a mooring there!! might have to sell it to the highest bidder :uhuh:

bigshrimpin
06-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Just heard the proposal passed last night . . . as I understand the new regs

40 spots available for out of town folks are only available to non-residents OUTSIDE of the June 1st - Sept 15th. i.e. there is no parking for non-residents b/w June 1st and Sept 15th. Supposedly the parking and ramp restrictions go into effect July 6th.

Correction . . . . Six of the trailer parking spaces are available for non-resident parking off-season between October 1 and May 30.

9) Parking at the Old Mill Boat Yard, Crows Pond Landing and Ryder’s Cove Landing is reserved for Chatham residents and Chatham property taxpayers only except as specified in paragraph 12 below. The parking spaces designated for trailer parking as well as those for single vehicles adjacent to Ryder’s Cove Road shall be reserved for Chatham residents and Chatham property taxpayers only. Six of the trailer parking spaces are available for non-resident parking off-season between October 1 and May 30.