View Full Version : On the bottle again

Sgt Striper
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Since they worked well for me at that place I decided to make some extras and add a touch more weight, maybe yellow mac?

surfflyfish
06-23-2012, 01:38 PM
exelente :uhuh:, awesome shapes.

numbskull
06-24-2012, 05:32 AM
These are difficult plugs to get right and obviously you've done that already. Yours seem to have a pretty flat face (side to side) like the super strike and clearly that works. For interest's sake, however, you might try one with a more convex face like the Gibbs, where the cheeks (or temple) flair back a bit more..... just above the midline. I'm not entirely sure it makes a big difference, but I thought it gave the plug a little better action at modest speed and more stability at high speed when I was fooling with these (maybe because the face on the Gibbs tends to be wider than the superstrike style). Also, that Stan Gibbs decided it was worth doing carries significant weight to my way of thinking since I've found his designs hard to improve on. Either way, congrats on getting a cool plug right.

Sgt Striper
06-28-2012, 09:56 AM
George, Here are some I did last year,( http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/plug-building-got-wood/72008-cant-kick-habit.html) of a Gibbs/Northbar style. They worked well but I liked the Musso style so I gave them a shot. Was very pleased with the action and they held very well in heavy current and at speed. I do flare the front on them also but had not done that yet on the ones posted above. Need to make a jig now for drilling with the Forstner bit.

tysdad115
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
They sure did swim nice...and I saw them work!