View Full Version : Dear Marketing Manager.........

Renegade6
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Thank you for your efforts to advertise our fun fishing trips as a well-known charter fishing operation locally.

Could I please ask however that you remove from the front page of our website the photo of the short nose sturgeon proudly displayed on our fillet table?

While we inevitably will inadvertently hook some things that we can't legally keep ( or land, or harass..) It might be nice if we aren't shouting to the world "PLEASE GIVE ME A $20,000 FINE!" Those NMFS people can be bit persnickety ......
:smash::smash::rollem::err::eek5::hs::doh:

Hookedagain
06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Maybe I don't understand, if its so that bad to land or harass a short nose sturgeon. Then why pose so proudly for pictures that can possibly lead to a $20,000 fine?
If I shoot a doe without a permit, I wouldn't pose for pictures so as a DEM officer can potentially see them and hand out the appropriate fine.

I am not trying to start a s#$t storm....just asking

Piscator
06-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Maybe I don't understand, if its so that bad to land or harass a short nose sturgeon. Then why pose so proudly for pictures that can possibly lead to a $20,000 fine?
If I shoot a doe without a permit, I wouldn't pose for pictures so as a DEM officer can potentially see them and hand out the appropriate fine.

I am not trying to start a s#$t storm....just asking

Maybe the picture was taking in a foreign country that doesn't have a law against it?

JohnR
06-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Errr - unless it was a link from a google ad - it wasn't from here...

Renegade6
06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Hookedagain- my post is tongue in cheek. It's funny, get it?

Your point is my point : why would a charter/party boat fleet operating out of new england have this on the front page of their website????

Shouldn't take more than 3 minutes of inter-webbing to see for yourself where I found it. Restrict your looking to NH
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Piscator
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Well, NH is considered by many to be a foreign country. Ha, ha, ha!

Jackbass
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
What is this New Hampshire you speak of?

RickBomba
06-27-2012, 04:42 AM
I think they may spell it differently up there. Neeew Hamsha, or something like that. If any of you guys ever see Messy Matty and want to get him mad, ask him to spell "mop".

Matt D
06-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Hookedagain- my post is tongue in cheek. It's funny, get it?

Your point is my point : why would a charter/party boat fleet operating out of new england have this on the front page of their website????

Shouldn't take more than 3 minutes of inter-webbing to see for yourself where I found it. Restrict your looking to NH

I got it on the first try.

BluesHarp
06-27-2012, 06:34 AM
What's the law on an accidental catch of a protected species?

I always thought it was not to boat the fish and immediate release.

Even if they released the fish after the photo didn't they break the law.

Taking a photo of it on the fillet table was not a good move. Might as well posted a recipe for sturgeon fillets in baby lobster sauce along side it.

Typhoon
06-27-2012, 07:05 AM
New Hamptucky. The south of the north.

The Dad Fisherman
06-27-2012, 07:26 AM
New Hamptucky. The south of the north.

That's just Seabrook...rest of NH is A-OK :hihi: