View Full Version : Friday 6/29

mungerish
06-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Anyone going to be be out working it on Friday?
I'm pretty sure we will be out if I can move one thing off the calendar. Monitor channel 8 and switch up to 69. Pete on Contango of you want to share intel.

I've heard the only way to get these fish to take anything is to drop a whiting or cod right in front of them with a 30oz piece of lead...SO that'll be one of the things we try this week. Marked lots of fish on the SWC last week, but no love.
Anyone hearing/seeing anything further north? (NWC, Jefferies?)

thefishingfreak
06-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Good luck. I'd just head strait to swc and grab macs there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Moses
06-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Staying inshore tomorrow with my two boys and targeting stripers/blues. Good luck Pete.

Mr. Sandman
06-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Went S. of where I live today...was a bust...those fish that were hanging around seemed to have split. I did also had to tangle with a few big bluefish. I did manage to break an outrigger mount (trying to to tighten it and the bolt snapped) but my new sound system rocks man. I was styling out there today.:cool: Nice day for a boat ride.

heading east next trip.

mungerish
06-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Yup, spose ta spit and maybe thunder a little but we're going anyway. Got some horse mac's and will try to jig up whiting or maybe grab some blues to put out on the kite. Marking them and dropping something tasty in front of them seems to

mungerish
06-28-2012, 08:13 PM
....seems to make the most sense rather than staying anchored up all day and hoping they bit one of our macs

thefishingfreak
07-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Any action? Heading across nwc in the morning.
Primary target is groundfish but we'll be prepared

Piscator
07-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I was at the green harbor ramp this afternoon, 5 tuna being loaded into the truck from 2 stick boats. They said rod and reel action was VERY slow on the SWC today.

mungerish
07-01-2012, 09:23 PM
We went to the NWC instead of the SWC on Friday due to some unrelated business I had to come back in for....But we could have just stayed home. Got there by 5:15 am and it was pretty much the dead zone. We saw one other boat, caught one dog by mistake and called it around 7:30 am before the thunder storms hit us. No whales, no birds and not even much bait to speak of.

I had buddies fish the SWC, Chatham and Peaked hill area all weekend. They are hard core Tuna guys and got nothin. The same old story seems to be that the stick boats are hot and occassionally some one gets a hit on the sqquid bars or a one off live bait but not much of amything being taken by rod and reel. One guy did get a hit on a pogie but he thinks the bridle broke off...So now he has sworn off bridling