View Full Version : Skunked

missing link
05-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Me and my dad went out fishing today and you guessed it we got SKUNKED we tryed two spots in wareham today but nothing... Anyone elce get skunked>?

-Matt:smash:

UserRemoved1
05-25-2003, 06:02 PM
I skunked and probably burned 30 gallons of gas too.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tagger
05-25-2003, 06:04 PM
I got skunked today in Hull jigging for Macks...other people were there with bait and another guys was plugging...Funny thing ?
My son messed up his reel so he let his jig lay on the bottom while he fixed it...When he was done he pulled his jig up and he was on....only a 20" bass but it was foul hooked under the chin which tells me they were there but the switch was off.......

Raven
05-25-2003, 10:18 PM
went to my spot and it seemed real calm and different. Didn't get a HIT or even see a fish.... seemed like the water temperature
was colder and the rain let up sooner than i thought. I was chumming too ..fishin on top and bottom with not even a bite.
Then after i pondered the Agwam river while drinkin some coffee
and peering thru the M&D Windows....checkin out the fishin toys,
i made the trip north and had a Statey riding my a$$ without even a flash of his highbeams. i just kept going faster and faster
until finally i said : "how freakin fast does this mofo need to go?"
and changed lanes and he cruises on by... what an unsafe sob.

:af: :af: :af:

bassman
05-26-2003, 07:37 AM
I fished the sakonnet river in tiverton on a friends boat sunday morning and got nada. Trolled tube and worm and jigs with pork rind. We were reading fish on the fishfinder everywhere(top,middle,and bottom),but no takers.Tried for fluke at sakonnet pt. also but not so much as a nibble. But being a determined S.O.B. I headed out to do some shore fishing in the evening. Went to the herring run in westport and livelined herring from 7:30 to 11:30. Not one taker. The herring were still coming out of the pond pretty thick so will probably try again today. Its got to get better because it can't get any worse.:smash:

Tagger
05-26-2003, 11:51 AM
went to a different place today...I brought my bad luck charm with me....yup ,,Skunked again

Skitterpop
05-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Hey Tagger!

Almost didn`t get skunked but almost doesn`t count so I did....

Went out with a bunch of bomber type swimmers...nada
Switched to fresh frozen herring chunks.... couple of pulls on my baitrunner...then a large took it for about 2 seconds..rolled on top with a tail slap(it was big) then gone....from 7:30 to 10:30... here and there a pop or a splash....spent more time watching Canada geese slide by in the dark with their goslings and a pair of huge white swans cruising around.

A good night anyway........Mike