View Full Version : Fluke off Harwich / Chatham

JamesJet
07-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I have heard reports from years ago that fluke can be caught off Chatham and to some extent Harwich. I generally wire line / fish the rips but sometimes bottom fishing can be tons of fun and good for the table. Any suggestions as far as general area? Nothing specific (unless you want to PM me:uhuh:) but just general - depth, type of water, maybe the rips themselves any general ideas would be great. I have never targeted them but would like to try.

Piscator
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
I was fishing with a few guys from here 3 weeks ago right down there in that area. We were jigging for bass and pulled up some fluke. They are there for sure.......

tysdad115
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
He couldn't catch a cold in february anyways, so save your info boys!:biglaugh:

niko
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
saquatucket is a great place to fish out of. lots of options from there. my first year w/ the boat i launched w/o the drain plug in. i think it was the fasted i've moved in the last 20 years.

JamesJet
07-03-2012, 09:13 PM
He couldn't catch a cold in february anyways, so save your info boys!:biglaugh:

Very funny, just when I thought I would invite you out sometime soon. I ordered you some floaty wings and everything.

RickBomba
07-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Yup,
There's Fluke on the Nantucket Sound side. My buddy borrowed some rods and fished an udl jetty and got a 24" one on Friday.