View Full Version : Fishing in the rain

fishaholic18
05-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Has anyone been out fishing in this never ending rain? Is there anything happening? I'm on vacation this week:wall: :af: and I will take the boat out and fish, rain or shine from tuesday on. I haven't been out in a week. I need to fish bad! Any advice on where to try in the Narr. bay?

striperswiper
05-26-2003, 10:05 AM
I was out Friday night. Plenty of bass off providence point on the north tip of Prudence Island. The fish were just rolling on the surface, caught four keepers over 30", too many to count in the 20" range... Most were cuaght on the larger size "Storm" shads. A few on a "Knuckle Head" popper. Have a good vacation...

Clammer
05-26-2003, 11:07 AM
MIke,
WE were next to you Friday, Fishpart & myself
we caught a few & Ed caught a Bluefish
thats not the way we wanted to fish so we screwed

:cool: :D :D

05-27-2003, 06:42 AM
The fish don't care whether or not it's raining out. I actually don't mind fishing in a light rain or mist it's typically very productive.

This past weekend was very good for fishing, even with the rain and wind....:)

striperswiper
05-27-2003, 07:47 AM
Mikul,

How did you want to fish??
I don't like chasing the schools with 10 other boats but we just went out on the spur of the moment and found some good fishing...My fishing partner kept one keeper..all other were released..

Striper1
05-27-2003, 05:23 PM
another good thing is the rain keeps most folks home:D

Fishpart
05-28-2003, 05:55 AM
striperswiper,
Mike likes to plug the rocks. It's OK being out in the middle, but jockeying around with other boats and chasing the fish from place to place gets old.

striperswiper
05-28-2003, 06:31 AM
I agree, I like to stay away from crowds but after a long work day and only a couple of hours to fish it was hard to pass up a school of breaking bass...My partner had yet to be out on the water for bass and it was a good way to get into some fast action. I thought that was clammer's boat because I saw some pictures of it when he launched. I like the Tee-Top...as John says, it doesn't protrude into the fishing area. I did try to hail you guys on the radio..I was on ch 69. I have not met too many of SB members on the water...come along side next time...

Clammer
05-28-2003, 08:43 AM
MIke I tried you on #69 also ==unless you were on scan ///////////

striperswiper
05-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Clammer,
I might have been on scan, I just put a new Antenna on and was trying different channels to see what kind of reception I was getting.. Have you been getting good action plugging them rocks?? The herring action has been good but I haven't used them in a week..haven't had the time to invest in netting them.. I'll keep a look out for you out there and try to introduce my self next time...