View Full Version : What a stoopid azz screw up with washing machine

Swimmer
07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I walk down cellar a couple of hours after I did a load of towels, which has the longest wash cycle, more water, than washing anything else, and I find water all over the cellar floor. The wet-dry vac didn''t work hat good, so I resorted to using a huge towel and wring it in a five gallon bucket. An hour later I was pretty much done, determined to let the dehumidifier do the rest. I have been run down still from whatever I picked up a few weeks ago, so I figure I'll look at the washer in the a.m.

Next day I go down cellar and pull the machine away from the wall and prepare to take the back off the machine. I look up at the tube that runs from the pump to the PCV pipe that dumps into the septic tank. I tighten the clamp first, no problem there. I look further up where the serpentine hose bends into the PCV pipe and see it came out out the formed holder and was pointing at the wall. I took it down and bend it back into the holder, take some duck tape and secure it in the holder, then place it back in the pipe, and duck tape it in place in the pipe as well. All fixed. At least the cellar floor got washed. Another lesson learned.

Piscator
07-10-2012, 12:15 PM
That sucks.

My dryer just went, hate when that stuff happens......................

tysdad115
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
My dryer just went, hate when that stuff happens......................

Mine too, but nothing a multi meter and half an hour couldn't fix. Ended up being the thermal fuse shorted from lint build up on the intake side. $23.00 later and it's back working.

Piscator
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Mine too, but nothing a multi meter and half an hour couldn't fix. Ended up being the thermal fuse shorted from lint build up on the intake side. $23.00 later and it's back working.

I'm taking mine apart too!

tysdad115
07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Ive become efficient at fixing them...have meter will travel if needed.

Piscator
07-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Ive become efficient at fixing them...have meter will travel if needed.

Thanks for the offer!!!

I have a meter as well, had to take a break as work was calling,,,,,,,,

Piscator
07-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Looks like my problem is with the Control Inlet Thermistor Part # WE4M298, was a bitch taking mine apart, I had to pull the whole drum! From the multi meter it looks like thats the problem. Will need to find a place tomorrow that carries it......

tysdad115
07-11-2012, 06:01 AM
I get my parts from repairclinic.com. 1/2 the money of factory stuff and it holds up well. I've had a pump in my washer from them for 5 years now. Quick shipping too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device