View Full Version : WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS SITE?

Slipknot
02-05-2001, 09:45 PM
Actually they are advertising this site in the extra edition of On The Water.

http://www.capecodcanalfishing.com

Thanks Saltheart

Saltheart
02-05-2001, 10:32 PM
You got to drop the .html to get there but its not a bad site. Just a small site selling some stuff peopole might want

JohnR
02-06-2001, 10:29 AM
That map looks great but you would think there would be more information there. Maybe I missed something but all there is on display is that one page, right?

Mike P
02-06-2001, 02:06 PM
I've seen that map around--it's a freakin' place mat, fer pete's sake. But, if this dude can get folks to part with $20 a pop for it, more power to him.

Especially, since I fish in very few of the spots that I see marked on it. ;-)

I got a real kick out of this:

Charlie's Fishing Timetable has proven to be very accurate and certainly takes the guesswork out of what the 4 best times of each day are to start fishing. The time table "2000" is good through December 31st.
Charlie's Fishing Timetable for the entire calendar year of 2001 will become available on October 15th.

How much you want to bet that those "4 best times of each day" are the 4 slacks every day?

Slipknot
02-06-2001, 02:11 PM
Yes , One page plus the order page. Also it only covers 14 spots. I don't know how in depth it goes to explain tides, time of day, method, or whatever for each spot. But hey, it's only 15 - 20 bucks.

Right Mike-slack. a placemat - that's what it looks like. :D
and who is this Charlie

JohnR
02-06-2001, 02:46 PM
I havn't seen that one before, that bad?

But I do actually remember some map in The Fisherman that had some decent info, even though it was written by a former Rho Dyslander...

BTW - I got milk but no bread last night...

Canalratt1
02-06-2001, 03:16 PM
Hey if you guys are going to pay 20 bucks for that map then I'll sell the Sagamore Bridge for only 100! Don't waste your money there are enough guys on this board to help anybody out to fish the ditch. Just be glad you don't have to go through the Lepers "intiation" (sic) anymore to fish there.

mikecc
02-06-2001, 05:44 PM
That is close to the same map that we have been giving out for free for 15 years.We do not laminate them.
It tells all the sweet spots and which type of lure or bait to use.It has been around for so manny years it shows that the Crack of Dawn is still a bait shop.Rember the canal has not changed just the people and equiptment.If you would like one stop by my booth at the show. I will also make sure that John gets a copy. I don't know if he can scan it and put it up on the site.

JohnR
02-06-2001, 06:10 PM
Mike, certainly can do that... I'll get it next time I see you...

CRatt1, what's with this initiation? Some nasty spin on the old seagoing tradition when crossing the equator?? Shellbacks and tadpoles :P ?

ragfly
02-06-2001, 08:29 PM
Gee, I have never fished there but I guess all I have to do is buy one of those maps and I should catch all the fish I want!

Canalratt1
02-07-2001, 01:09 PM
John you have to relize the Lepers were a bunch of crusty, misfitted, social outcasts. Why do you think we were called Lepers? A new angler who would hang around us on one of our party times we would just tell them just think Ned Beatty and the movie Deliverance! I think some of them thought we were serious and scared more than a few people.