View Full Version : Blown out Pcl

johnny ducketts
07-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey guys I just found out that I severely messed up my knee, I kinda but almost didn't fall down the basement stairs about a month ago. It was like 3 days before the cutty trip, and god knows I put sometime in on my feet that weekend. It's just been getting progressively more unstable the past month.

I ended up seeing my ortho who thought I was a torn meniscus, and one MRI later, a blown out pcl, and sprained mcl, he's referring me up to New England baptist for further consultation. Anyone ever have anything like this, and if so was it a rehab thing or was it the knife?

Sucks, my fall run may be over before it gets started.

Piscator
07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
New England baptist - you are being sent to a world class place, that is for sure
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bart
07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Knee problems suck. I completely blew out my right ACL and MCL in a basketball game five years ago. I still have two screws in my knee where they used part of my patella tendon to act as my replacement ACL. It takes time but your knee will come back. Just make sure you keep your quads strong. Best of luck...

blondterror
07-21-2012, 07:06 PM
JD... the Baptist is a great place if you need surgery to get better... make sure you try the Physixcal therap route if that is an option before you have the surgery

Slipknot
07-21-2012, 07:51 PM
That sux Johnny
I hope it doesn't ruin your fall run
most important is to get it better

JohnR
07-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Dude - this sucks. But do what they tell you to do and get it done. When I blew out my ACL/tore meniscus I did not have insurance and could not have it replaced. Wish I had

Sea Dangles
07-22-2012, 07:32 AM
New England baptist - you are being sent to a world class place, that is for sure

they got me up and running

PaulS
07-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Johnny, sorry to hear that. Hope it works out for you.

tysdad115
07-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Johnny that sucks for sure. Good luck.