View Full Version : Weekend Plans?

JohnR
07-27-2012, 05:26 AM
What's up for the weekend?

Getting a little vacation in. Go Fish. Kid stuff.

So what's up for the weekend?

The Dad Fisherman
07-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Getting ready for Summer Camp...and leaving for camp on Sunday.

That's about it for this weekend

striperman36
07-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Grants camp for weeek without the Internet and so small stream trout
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND
07-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Hopefully heading 95 miles SE w/ tautog01 if the cards play out....

fishrick
07-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Hiking the AT with Boy Scouts troop fri -sun. No fishing there...

Jackbass
07-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I will be heading over the bridge to fish and hang out with some friends.

piemma
07-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Might run to Brenton Reef 0'dark 30 hours with eels.

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2012, 09:29 AM
1 year no nicotine today celebrating by running a 10 mile road race :)

Sat/sun hopefully able to whore a ride offshore.

Rock hound good luck if you guys make out to the holy water :)

Rockport24
07-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Congrats TT!

got some work to do this weekend, but gonna try to get out fishing at least once!

Jim in CT
07-27-2012, 11:53 AM

Congrats, and good luck! Let us know your time...

Cooking pulled pork for 50 people for Sunday...smells of charcoal, apple wood, and piggy in the air...

Hookedagain
07-27-2012, 03:13 PM
FINAL weekend of baseball!!! Sunday afternoon relaxing with some friends for dinner. Did I mention the bride is away for the night tonight.....the boy and I are on our own.

jasonsnova
07-27-2012, 03:51 PM
tuna....leavin house tonight @ 130am be on the water early, spend the day chunkin and chumin....and preyin lol

kvn4
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
taking kids to barnstable fair

nightfighter
07-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Operation Neptune for the Wounded Warriors Project. I will be on one of 40 boats taking 50 Warriors and their guest fishing tomorrow.

JohnR
07-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Operation Neptune for the Wounded Warriors Project. I will be on one of 40 boats taking 50 Warriors and their guest fishing tomorrow.

:btu:

bassballer
07-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Newport Folk Festival this weekend. Should get weird.

Rappin Mikey
07-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Replacing the motor on my AC unit. Then off to High Meadows in CT with ShawnO for some kind of clam bake thing. Fishing the pond behind my house (just lost a lunker cuz I was under gunned w/8#test! ). Waitin for mama to have the baby. Any day now!

jredfly
07-27-2012, 09:54 PM

Congrats TT! Good Luck on your 10 Miler!

Off to Starland for my youngest's 10 year old birthday party, should be fun! :happy:

Gonna ride the bike again this week. Last week it kindof kicked my butt, trying to get use to the new clipless pedals. Who woulda thunk getting healthy could be so dangerous. :confused:

5/0
07-28-2012, 06:08 PM
This is "F_in weird" this is my third Saturday home since May,and believe me I have the yard and bank account to prove it!
I've had a great summer with the wife and kid's,we've spent 2 months in the Cape and one week in York Maine.
The fishing was pretty good,in Maine,I ended up catching my biggest(Maine fish) it was 41" and the best part was it was on the campground.....:smash:It only took me 18 year's:fury:

But as for the weekend.....I've got alot of catching up too do:jump1:

quick decision
07-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Have not been around the site in a while. I will be out tomorrow around the harbor early.

ThrowingTimber
07-29-2012, 10:56 AM
10 mile time per my gps was 1:50.
Per stop watch was 2:09 and 11.74 miles. However I dont think I had to run around that many obstacles. Still waiting on chip time :uhuh: Thinks that gps needs re-calibration :smash:

Affected by the heat fo' sho I had run 6mi in 1:03 2 days prior in cooler early morning temps. I had to take on water at the stops so I just walked through the stops :( gross water...

Overall had a fun time, it was a fun race. The folks who had setup the beer and shot tent for runners seemed like a good time :buds: There was a woman exposing her lower self a bit after mile 2.5 I was running with my old boss and his wife and we both looked over to see a very neatly groomed not unattractive chick :shocked:

Weird to see that many of the runners didnt give any encouragement to the walkers as they passed them?? I tried to give the hey good job, great pace and keep it up almost there type of stuff as I passed. I'd definitely do it again for sure I had a fun time, didnt really hang around much at the end (not a big fan of crowds). Got through the chutes, grabbed a few orange slices a some evil yellow fruit and water and boogied to the truck. Cleaned up and hit crazy burger for a salmon/pesto burger and a chocolate milk. :buds:

running the amica 13.1 august 19th so this was a good dress rehersal. 1. learned my nutrition was good. 2. learned to avoid whatever liquids they hand out on the course (kids handing out water, dirty hands ewww....ick.. grosss... bleh...). 3. 2 days prior have to do a shorter run than half the expected distance at a super slow/ recovery pace :)

Course overall is flat (ROLLING HILLS) which tend to be very diff. than a completely flat course as its described. I held back to mile 8 not having run the course then I hammered the last 2mi. (well hammered for me :) )

If anyone was out between miles 9-10 I was the guy shouting "Is this the way to the beer tent??"

ThrowingTimber
07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Gonna ride the bike again this week. Last week it kindof kicked my butt, trying to get use to the new clipless pedals. Who woulda thunk getting healthy could be so dangerous. :confused:

Jredfly if you setup your own pedals or had a shop do it. make sure one is easier to clip in and out of than the other. What you are looking to accomplish by doing so is that the first one you clip in will be the firmer side. Then the looser side is the one you will clip into and unclip the most. ie. stopping at lights, stop signs etc. This way you will always follow the same process firm clip first, loose clip second, stopping looser clip comes out first always.

After a few weeks you can tighten that loose side and you should be good to go :) :uhuh:

quick decision
07-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Found bait, found bass.

Higgie
07-29-2012, 05:10 PM
What's up Ian. Hope Everything's good.

saltyric
07-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Had an incredible weekend. Was lucky enough to participate in a day of fishing with the Wounded Warrior Project. One of the clubs I belong to, Maddies Anglers, hosted 51 Wounded Warriors , each with a caregiver/friend for a day of fishing followed by an outstanding cookout. Was very proud to be a part of it.

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2012/07/30/news/news04.txt

nightfighter
07-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Had an incredible weekend. Was lucky enough to participate in a day of fishing with the Wounded Warrior Project. One of the clubs I belong to, Maddies Anglers, hosted 51 Wounded Warriors , each with a caregiver/friend for a day of fishing followed by an outstanding cookout. Was very proud to be a part of it.

The Daily Item: Wounded Warriors, Marblehead fishermen team up for fun, healing (http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2012/07/30/news/news04.txt)

Agreed. Honored to have participated. Already looking forward to next year's. Highlight of the summer!