View Full Version : seal flu

Sundowner
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Glad I waited on my catches, I won't be keeping any fish after all this year.

New Seal Flu Could Pose Threat to Humans - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/seal-flu-could-pose-threat-humans-130420464.html)

Rappin Mikey
08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes! Maybe that. combined w/ the recent shark attack will bring back the hunt! I hope no one gets sick in the process though. All joking aside, when are people going to see that this seal thing is nothing to cough at.

BMEUPSCOTTY
08-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Cheezus, I was just watching a DVR'd show and caught a tease of last nights news where the girl on channel 6 stated that the bird flu has spread to seals. My first thought was to get on here and see if I could find the story. Thanks again SB.com.... scary chit...:eek:

Raven
08-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Mexico already had a problem....
where the pigs were not being cared for properly
and many thousands were recently destroyed....

it's under those conditions that wide spread disease
originates and then gets spread by mosquitoes, birds,
bats... on into Texas
.....then spreading to florida and Georgia

BigBo
08-02-2012, 07:04 AM
This happens to a lot of species that are allowed to thrive unchecked and unmanaged. It's just like with deer. They need a regulated hunt to keep the population in check.

ken1
08-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I agree the population needs to be regulated. Although I don't think I'll ever see a legal seal hunt in my lifetime. I think they are protected under the same federal laws that protect other migratory sea mammals including whales.

albin35
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Seals also have Rabies they contract from Coyote's and Bats.

piemma
08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I pray every Sunday at Mass that all the seals will die and the Back will be like it was years ago.:uhuh::uhuh::uhuh::uhuh: