View Full Version : Snappers?

Justfishin'
08-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Ok,ok.... I'm not looking for a spot burn or nuthin, get it outta your mind....
I want to take my girlfriend fishing for snapper blues, haven't fished for them in years myself. Wheres a good spot at what tide to do some c & r with them. We'll be tossing small tins, maybe a brace of flies on a launcher.
I used to go to the causeway in Old Saybrook, does anyone know if that area's fishing well?

Rob Rockcrawler
08-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I would say that old saybrook is a good place to start.

tlapinski
08-03-2012, 06:34 PM
The causeway is loaded with snappers. I caught a half dozen outside the office today in Mystic in a few minutes. According to my reports calls they are in just about every marina, backwater and marsh in Ct and Ri.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer
08-03-2012, 07:27 PM
they are F #$%^&*()_ everywhere ........... never seen to many .

I gave up & quit flukin yesterday >>>As soon as the bait hit the water //// chop , chop

&&&&&& these are smaller than the one you showed TL:smash:

Justfishin'
08-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the update.

Sundowner
08-03-2012, 08:06 PM
does anyone eat these, are they just like their daddies?

niko
08-03-2012, 09:22 PM
anyone have any suggestions for places in mass? i never seem to run into them. kids would love it

mlynch993
08-03-2012, 09:23 PM
does anyone eat these, are they just like their daddies?

they are delicious breaded and fried

Liv2Fish
08-03-2012, 10:14 PM
anyone have any suggestions for places in mass? i never seem to run into them. kids would love it

Little Harbor beach in Wareham. There is an outflow from a large marsh that is always loaded with them.

You need a resident sticker for beach use but not sure about after hours or for fishing. Maybe call the town hall.

big jay
08-03-2012, 10:31 PM

East end of the canal, all the way to Scorton was loaded with them today.

Tuna crack size - small enough we got 2 at once on a jumping minnow.

bart
08-03-2012, 11:54 PM
The snapper bite has been on fire!

iamskippy
08-04-2012, 05:59 AM
they are F #$%^&*()_ everywhere ........... never seen to many .

I gave up & quit flukin yesterday >>>As soon as the bait hit the water //// chop , chop

&&&&&& these are smaller than the one you showed TL:smash:

Is this a diversionary tactic away from the truth of you truly loving bluefish?

the point
08-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Bringing my son around in mt hope bay tomorrow..I'll tell u if i run into em. Hopefully we can get some blue crabs for dinner and have some fun on some light tackle with some snapper blues.

Jenn
08-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Bringing my son around in mt hope bay tomorrow..I'll tell u if i run into em. Hopefully we can get some blue crabs for dinner and have some fun on some light tackle with some snapper blues.

Just went Bluecrabbin for the first time since I was a kid and it was a blast! Glad and (not too proud to admit) I felt like a kid again! Sometimes going back to the basics is so much more rewarding than you think it would be until you actually do it. :)

Clammer
08-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Nothing like sweet ,young SNAPPERS to make me SMIL:devil2:E ><><>

stripermaineiac
08-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Put some garlic an basil in the fryin pan. heat till it starts to oil a bit. Cook them just like smelts.they're the best.

JohnnySaxatilis
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Found some on ACK this week, cept I was using a 10' rod and 3oz pencil :smash: the filet's were like the size of small chicken tenders lol

Our grill was busted and the oven door fell off when I opened it... soooo we resorted to making an aluminum pouch, put minced garlic, cape cod seasoning, little olive oil, and a slice of lemon on each pouch and threw them on the frying pan. gotta say the fish came out perfect! best meal I had on the island :uhuh:

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Nothing like sweet ,young SNAPPERS to make me SMIL:devil2:E ><><>

Start another thread:grins: I'm in!

zimmy
08-09-2012, 08:27 PM
roll in flour w/ salt and pepper and fry them up in butter for breakfast. As good as it gets.

the point
08-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Snappers are everywhere..there loving the peanut bunker that's everywhere right now. GL

Justfishin'
08-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Update- went to Old Saybrook, lots of baby blues there, of course, mobs on the bridge( what is the matter with those people?)
We took a couple of kids with us and everyone caught at least 10, good time had by all.

Except, of course, me- ".....My lines tangled....... How do I get it off the hook...... Why won't my reel work?...... it's hot....... I got fish slime on me.......I just cast my line onto the road, can you get it?..........I lost my lure...."

And that was just my girlfiend, er girlfriend