View Full Version : Mycobacteriosis

ANY LUCK?
08-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Nasty illness attacking Cape's stripers http://bit.ly/NCwLLd (Nasty illness attacking Cape's stripers http://bit.ly/NCwLLd)

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Not really a big deal. Cohen has this on my/his flip flops:grins:

fishbones
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM

So, what is "flip flops" code for?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-14-2012, 11:00 PM
So, what is "flip flops" code for?

Your lips. Whats the matter you don't remember or your being cute again?

Cohenfishin
08-14-2012, 11:05 PM

That's what happens when jay puts his flip flops places they don't belong.....

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-14-2012, 11:11 PM
That's what happens when jay puts his flip flops places they don't belong.....

EXACTLY:rotf2:

numbskull
08-15-2012, 05:59 AM
The article says 5% of fish are affected. My experience has been more likely 90% where I fish.

doc
08-15-2012, 06:29 AM
The article says 5% of fish are affected. My experience has been more likely 90% where I fish.

i agree

JohnnySaxatilis
08-15-2012, 06:39 AM
link doesnt work for me... and im not sure all the skin leisons im seeing are myco, but whatever they are, I agree its much more than 5% of the fish that are effected, in this area anyway.

Jay keep your flip flops out of the geish lol!

Jackbass
08-15-2012, 07:36 AM

Their numbers are way off! I was told three years ago. 70% of the entire Chesapeake stock were infected in one form or another. I was told that at an ASM C meeting by the striped bass representative. I think the John was at that meeting as well.

BasicPatrick
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Their numbers are way off! I was told three years ago. 70% of the entire Chesapeake stock were infected in one form or another. I was told that at an ASM C meeting by the striped bass representative. I think the John was at that meeting as well.

Jack...their numbers were taken from a survey of fish landed via commercial buyers...thousands of fish.

Also the article states what they scientists doing the studies have been saying for a while...this is NOT Mycobacteriosis but is something else (worries me more)

Jackbass
08-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Jack...their numbers were taken from a survey of fish landed via commercial buyers...thousands of fish.

Also the article states what they scientists doing the studies have been saying for a while...this is NOT Mycobacteriosis but is something else (worries me more)

Given the title of the thread and the context of what I was responding to. I thought the article was about Myco. Mea Culpa. Certainly not good news

bobber
08-16-2012, 03:42 PM
its rare to find a bass WITHOUT these lesions this year down this way (eastern LIS/Block Island) gonna be "intersting" to se how this shakes out....

piemma
08-16-2012, 04:10 PM
its rare to find a bass WITHOUT these lesions this year down this way (eastern LIS/Block Island) gonna be "intersting" to se how this shakes out....
Caught 27 fish this morning and not one with a lesion. Don't know why as I have seen more than my share this year.

Back Beach
08-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Caught 27 fish this morning and not one with a lesion. Don't know why as I have seen more than my share this year.

Bluegills don't count

piemma
08-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Damn!!!!

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-17-2012, 04:17 AM

Probably colder water fish. I noticed the same a few weeks back with fish in that area. All clean and healthy. The warmer water fish on the other side seem to be more scummed up.

Jackbass
08-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Probably colder water fish. I noticed the same a few weeks back with fish in that area. All clean and healthy. The warmer water fish on the other side seem to be more scummed up.

I kind of figured you liked em scummy you pudding head lol

MAKAI
08-17-2012, 07:06 AM
I worked the fillet table at the Jimmy fund tournament last week. Seems the deeper cooler water bass were in much better shape than the shallow water fish. Those fish looked like they were tortured with a cigarette lighter. Ugly and emaciated. The times they are a changing ………

I know the government says they're OK to eat, but come on it's the government. Anybody really have any faith in them.
I'll trust my instincts and not eat the lesion covered fish.

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-17-2012, 12:19 PM
I kind of figured you liked em scummy you pudding head lol

Lol