View Full Version : Red Sox Passed Away....

afterhours
08-16-2012, 07:12 AM
It seemed that the red sox passed away sometime last night in baltimore. if MAJOR changes are not made by whispers henry during the off-season there will not be a resurection. has there ever been a more dispicable, unlikable, heartless bunch wearing the beloved uniform? i'm done with them until major changes are made. the cba,
players union, and owners have ruined the game for me. the nfl has it right.

JohnnyD
08-16-2012, 07:42 AM
has there ever been a more dispicable, unlikable, heartless bunch wearing the beloved uniform? i'm done with them until major changes are made.
http://i.imgur.com/7y619.gif

I've been saying exactly the same thing since early May. When those pieces of crap came back from the offseason with no remorse for what happened last September and basically told the press "There's nothing wrong with what happened. Deal with it." I was completely done with this team for the year.

There are few players on this team that are actually earning their ridiculous salaries - aside from players that started the season in AAA.

The Dad Fisherman
08-16-2012, 08:11 AM
They are a mess right now.

Bobby V needs to go....didn't like that choice when they made it.....still don't like it.

Starting pitching has been abysmal this year.

I can't go the Despicable route with them...but there is nobody on that team that strikes fear into an opponent...nobody

JohnnyD
08-16-2012, 08:32 AM
They are a mess right now.

Bobby V needs to go....didn't like that choice when they made it.....still don't like it.
I have to disagree. I think Bobby V is a good catalyst for this team to clean out the closet. When he is fired, I don't foresee him keeping his mouth shut unless he's paid to do so.

It's like cleaning out your closet or under the bed - the room gets extremely messy before it's reorganized.

fishsmith
08-16-2012, 08:39 AM
There are two problems with the Red Sox Lester and Beckett, if they pitched .500 ball, we'd be in the thick of the wild card.

I always have an always will root for the Red Sox, but this year has been a bust. Next year they'll be wicked awesome :jump1:

The Dad Fisherman
08-16-2012, 08:52 AM
I have to disagree. I think Bobby V is a good catalyst for this team to clean out the closet.

That's a Multi-year, Multi million dollar closet....I would prefer he organized his closet better than just dump everything on the floor.

He's abrasive to everybody, has had a long history of being such with other organizations and players.

That being said...these players are being paid Mucho Dinero to produce on the field, regardless if their manager is a tool or not.

Fishsmith hit the nail on the head....Beckett and Lester have been terrible. With the gifts they got out of Doubront and Morales this year, if they pitched anywhere near how they did historically we'd be in the thick of the hunt instead of a joke.

JohnnyD
08-16-2012, 09:12 AM
That's a Multi-year, Multi million dollar closet....I would prefer he organized his closet better than just dump everything on the floor.

He's abrasive to everybody, has had a long history of being such with other organizations and players.
And I think that's what this team needed. The thing is that this team needs someone that's abrasive *and* has the support of the front office. The last guy who was buddies with the players and stroked their egos helped create the disaster that we are witnessing today.

Bobby V was setup to fail. The team started the season in shambles after they stopped giving a crap in September and got the last manager fired, whether purposely or not. This team needed someone that was blunt and a #^&#^&#^&#^& to kick their tails back in gear... and that manager needed the support of the front office.

With just the minor leaks that have been released and John Henry's email yesterday, it's obvious that this team is a mess in every area - on the field, in the dugout *and* in the front office.

The Dad Fisherman
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
I look at it as this team for the most part played well last season up until the September Collapse. Why wouldn't you try and square away what you have and compete this season instead of trying to dismantle it immediately.

I just think that this team wasn't that far gone that it couldn't be fixed.....if they brought in a disiplinarian manager, someone who commands respect and wants things done the right way....not a guy who's a #^&#^&#^&#^& just for the sake of being a #^&#^&#^&#^&.

MikeD
08-16-2012, 10:23 AM
It really is sad, I've been trying to talk myself into the team getting hot and playing to their potential all season. Its just become impossible to root for them. I'll still do it, I feel like and abused spouse that keeps telling myself that the Sox will change. They have some atrocious contracts. Beckett is owed 15.75 Million for the 2013 & 2014 seasons. Lackey is 15.25 for those two seasons. You can't do anything with them without eating a major chunk of that salary. I knew Crawford's deal was bad, but I just looked it up and he's scheduled to make over 20 million dollars per season through the 2017 season! Thanks Theo. Its going to take some serious creativity by Cherrington to clean this up.

A few things I have enjoyed this season, Middlebrooks, Cody Ross, Ciriaco, Trick or Treat Salty (K or Xtra Bases) plus he has thrown a few guys out stealing havent seen that in years.

Thank god for the Pats. 9/9 isnt that far away.

GregW
08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
The problem with the Sox, can partially be blamed on clueless fans. Their owners' main concern is money. For some insane reason people are still showing up to the ballpark. Why are people paying premium prices to watch a below .500 club?

The other huge problem is Beckett. His crappy attitude is contagious. I stopped watching. Any team that keeps a guy like that around is not a team I plan on supporting.

JohnnyD
08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Why wouldn't you try and square away what you have and compete this season instead of trying to dismantle it immediately.
Because of the complete lack of remorse and acceptance of accountability for what took place in September. These guys are no different than they were last September, that was immediately during Spring Training. That's why I believe there needs to be some sort of major change.

Heard the perfect line on sports radio that's reinforced by the John Henry meeting with 16 players - "The inmates are running the asylum."

What's that saying about Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. It is insane to think that these guys are ever going to be better than a .500 team with its current composition.

Saltheart
08-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Maybe Theo was doing more than they thought? Valentine is bad news but there's an attitude on the team now that is very unhealthy. Get riod of everybody then start from scratch.

If they stay stinky , people will stop going and maybe it will be like the early -mid 70's when you could go and sit in the bleachers last minute for cheap money! :)

spence
08-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Even if we can go on a tear there are too many teams in the hunt for the wild card...it's going to be tough.

-spence

fishbones
08-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Even if we can go on a tear there are too many teams in the hunt for the wild card...it's going to be tough.

-spence

When did you start playing for the Red Sox?

spence
08-16-2012, 12:09 PM
When did you start playing for the Red Sox?

Head office. I'm chief beer and wing getter.

-spence

striperman36
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Mrs. Spence is a diehard Sox fan.

striperman36
08-16-2012, 02:28 PM
I haven't watched a game all year. Ever since they turned on Francona. Threw Tek out of the mix. Watched Theo's replacement, do nothing. Get a manager that hasn't been in the game in years out of his bar in CT.

I couldn't watch from the beginning

The Dad Fisherman
08-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Tek needed to go....he was downright painful to watch....both batting and throwing runners out.

I think, unlike Theo, Cherington has his hands tied by Management (i.e. Luchino)

I already stated my opinion on Valentine....:wall:

I will still continue to watch them however...watched the game last night....Cook pitched no hit ball for 5 innings then just fell apart :wall:

blondterror
08-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I agree that Beckett's piss poor attitude is a big part of all the pitching problems... keep Lester... he can be saved with better coaching and a catcher like Tec who got the most out of his pitchers.... I think we need a new manager who commands respect and improves the clubhouse BS .... I do not see a team leader in the club now... guys like Mike Lowell and Tim Wakefield have made a huge difference in the past making guys play like a world class team not a bunch of pissers and moaners ... Jeter does this for the Yankees... we need a guy who acts as the clubhouse manager and straightens out the bad apples

Mike P
08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Geez, I guess a lot of you guys weren't around back in the days when the Sports Huddle called a restaurant in Kansas City and reserved 25 tables for one for the Sox. :rotf2:

The Dad Fisherman
08-17-2012, 04:51 AM
Looks like they've come full circle..

afterhours
08-17-2012, 07:09 AM
this team is openingly tanking the season- total disgrace. i'd send beckett and lester to the bp and just make them watch, same with pedroia and gonzo. can't embarrass more than the've embarrassed themselves.

The Dad Fisherman
08-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Don, I would agree with Lester and Especially Beckett.....But Pedroia and Gonzalez have been on fire lately. they sure look like they are trying to win a ball game.

Pedroia has 18 hits and 5 walks in his last 10 games, and other than Gonzalez's power numbers being down.....he is having the 2nd best season, average wise, of his career and has been on absolute fire simce the all-star break.....and that is without having Ortiz batting behind him.

their main issue is their starting pitching....they are having to play catchup almost every single game they play.

afterhours
08-17-2012, 08:27 AM
i hear ya kev, i guess i just want to discipline them for their horrendous attitudes and baby like demeanors... i've just never seen anything like this and can't root for most of these guys. team needs total shakeup from top to bottom.

these guys are letting themselves down, their team mates down, the team org down, the entire fanbase down. whispers henry should know that the fanbase supports the sox and nesn- i will not waste another $ nor minute with these meatheads (except bashing them out of anger).

striperman36
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I always looked at TEK as one of the best at managing the game and pitchers, except for DiceK how refused to take his guidance in pitching. He was always taking notes of pitching series.
Yes, he got old and couldn't play the position but he could have been a significant presence for the team as a catching coach,

bart
08-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Tek needed to go....he was downright painful to watch....both batting and throwing runners out.

I think, unlike Theo, Cherington has his hands tied by Management (i.e. Luchino)

I already stated my opinion on Valentine....:wall:

I will still continue to watch them however...watched the game last night....Cook pitched no hit ball for 5 innings then just fell apart :wall:

I agree with all of this except I refuse to watch. Nobody takes Bobby V seriously and I doubt any new players that might come in would either. The guy is a clown the way he conducts himself in front of the camera. I've never liked Beckett since we won the last WS, he was an arrogant prick at the parade. I cannot stand this team, top to bottom. I'm just waiting patiently for the Pats to tear it up....

The Dad Fisherman
08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
To me Summer = Red Sox Baseball....whether its good or bad. This year happens to be really bad.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."

FishermanTim
08-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I think the hitters may have been voicing their aggravation at not having a stable, reliable pitching staff to fight for.
Beckett is a waste of time. Maybe he needs some Midol for his cramps, 'cause he acts and pitches like a big p*ssy!

I didn't like Valentine from the start, and I assumed that they hired him as an "interim" manager, so they could get a better manager during the year.

I guess that plan was wrong!

Well, at least we had the Olympics to distract us for a couple of weeks, and football is knocking on our doors!

It must be nice when ticket agencies buy up most of the "good" seats preseason, so that they can claim another sellout year.