View Full Version : exploding tica

blue oyster
08-16-2012, 05:36 PM
i was out fishing today using a tica graphite tc2 i was trying to snag pogies and have used this rod many times before for this . i was just reeling in an empty hook and the rod just exploded right in the middle , is this a common thing with tica's , i thought they were a higher end rod ? i tried to find out about a warrenty but they are only covered for 1 year and you had to send in the card which i did not have as i won the rod at an m.s.b.a. meeting . i never broke one of my ugly sticks , i will not be buying a tica to replace it thats for sure

ivanputski
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM
I would recommend the tica tc-3 dolphin 9' if you are going to do a tica... the flat black tc-2 are brittle...

chefchris401
08-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Tica is not in the "higher end" of rods. There stuff is pretty good for the prices they charge.

I've had more than a few of their dolphin rods which were great. Still have a couple 7ft rods that I use for heavier freshwater gear.

The graphite line is their second model after the trophy series. It use to be anyway.

Very odd that it broke where and how it did.

You could try contacting one of the local tica dealers and see if they can help you out.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete_G
08-17-2012, 08:13 AM
the flat black tc-2 are brittle...

I concur. We stopped carrying them a few years back.

Return rate like a boomerang.

Tica generally was good about returns, but a little slow.

Moses
08-17-2012, 09:16 AM
I own quite a few of these, both the older black version and newer blue version. 3 surf/canal rods in the 9-10.5' range and 5 more for boat fishing. Never had a problem with any of them, some are 6+ years old now.