View Full Version : Honey colored blank ID...???

1dozenraw
08-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Figured perhaps some old timer might know. I found a honey / mustard colored blank. It's 9', not been cut. It's thinner than Lamis I've had... but stiffer. Not as whippy as the MB 108 3m or the BT. It's a slightly less honey color and it is numbered at the butt. Any info appreciated.

I had this posted on another site but nothing specific.. perhaps Fenwick or..?? I'm hoping someone recognizes the number and has specs fom an old catalog...

FinS 32
08-17-2012, 06:23 PM
color looks more like a cui.

stripermaineiac
08-17-2012, 07:12 PM
From the taper at the but and the color looks like one of the Fenwicks they used to sell at spags back in the early 70's. They used to have the blems tied up pretty good back then. Not that we paid all that much for blanks back then. a 9 ftr could go from 10 to 25 bucks depending where you got it and the rating.
Dyna flex also sold some similar in color I still have a couple older ones from back then. Stock ones were marked with a white back ground behind the spec numbers.Fenwick didn't put the logo on blems an their blems were mostly due to stains in the resin. they mostly destroyed those out of true.Hope this helps. Ron

1dozenraw
08-18-2012, 08:23 AM
From the taper at the but and the color looks like one of the Fenwicks they used to sell at spags back in the early 70's. They used to have the blems tied up pretty good back then. Not that we paid all that much for blanks back then. a 9 ftr could go from 10 to 25 bucks depending where you got it and the rating.
Dyna flex also sold some similar in color I still have a couple older ones from back then. Stock ones were marked with a white back ground behind the spec numbers.Fenwick didn't put the logo on blems an their blems were mostly due to stains in the resin. they mostly destroyed those out of true.Hope this helps. Ron
I remember Spags back then. Lots of oldtimers from down here would make the pilgrimage up to Shrewsbury to buy early glass blanks and reels from the terrific fishing department located right at the entrance. What a store that was back in the day before the expansions and the sale.

Anyway, I'm going to have this blank wrapped. Dropping it of at B-brothers today. Hard decision is spinning or conventional... but I'm going spinning because I have a couple of nice 9' conventionals. I like the blank because it's got some backbone to it. I think it's worth wrapping and it's in good shape. Thanks.

stripermaineiac
08-18-2012, 08:27 AM
You'll enjoy it. I still have a couple 9 ftrs that I wrapped wy back when from there. Still like usin them an even have Mitchell 406 reels on them still.

1dozenraw
08-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Dynaglass... ?

inTHERAPY
08-18-2012, 12:22 PM
try posting on noreast in the rod section