View Full Version : The hunger phenomenon

Rappin Mikey
05-28-2003, 01:05 PM
It might be because my hands are usually covered in stinky bait gizm, but I never need to eat when I am fishing. This also happens to my brother. Is this something that is common? Or are the Bombardier brothers just odd? If it is common maybe someone could market bait juice as a dietary supplement. I know, I have some great ideas. How about PIT STOPPERS. They are like little tiny maxi pads for people with sweaty arm pits. If you guys like my ideas I have hundreds. Or just tell me to shut up.

likwid
05-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Grew up around fishermen and fishing boats, I can sit there and munch away after baiting good sloppy menhaden chunks without thinking twice...

Hmm, menhaden seems to compliment crackers nicely...

*eyes the freezer* :smash:

chris L
05-28-2003, 01:20 PM
shut up !!!

"Or are the Bombardier brothers just odd?" you answered your own question there Mikey . Odd attracts odd . 13579,13579,13579,13579 .

JohnR
05-28-2003, 01:28 PM
:D ... ahem -> Scuppers

Rappin Mikey
05-28-2003, 01:28 PM
I forgot to mention if you do tell me to shut up I'll send my evil henchman "The Rickman of no Keeper Land" after you. What will happen is he will release all of his repressed frustrations from living in the Land of No Keepers upon you in a bloody fury. I know he looks a little whimpy, but he makes a mean souffle. So watch out.

Raven
05-28-2003, 02:39 PM
thats the first thing - then self publish-> and pay for your boat

Goose
05-28-2003, 04:27 PM
sometimes I eat the bait that I'm fish with....fresh that is

blackeye
05-28-2003, 04:47 PM
I had the same question a while back.

pop quiz hotshot: You have a huge glob of doughnut jelly on your finger, which smells very strongly of eel slime and bass, what do you do? What do you do?

fishaholic18
05-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Who's got time to eat when fishing?? I'm too busy boatin' keepa'z.:laughs:

RickBomba
05-28-2003, 06:56 PM
I blow them up and let the air out.
I want to touch and lickem all.
Mikey,
Fished all day got one twinkie.
OOOGGHHU
Love,
Rman

Raven
05-28-2003, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rappin Mikey
[B]It might be because my hands are usually covered in stinky bait gizm, but I never need to eat when I am fishing. This also happens to my brother. Is this something that is common? Or are the Bombardier brothers just odd?

WELL SINCE YOU LEFT YOURSELF WIDE OPEN LOL
ODD DEFINED IS: differing markedly from the usual or ordinary or accepted :-> PECULIAR -DEFINED IS:different from the usual or normal: a : SPECIAL, PARTICULAR b : ODD, CURIOUS c : ECCENTRIC, QUEER
synonym see CHARACTERISTIC, STRANGE

:smash:

I JUST COULDNT RESIST RMAN :laughs:

MountainBreeze
05-29-2003, 10:23 AM
You know ... it's a funny thing...

See, I can EAT! But, when I'm fishin', I usually don't eat at all. In fact, I rarely bring food w/ me. I may thow a graonla bar in the car and munch it on the way home but that's about it.

However, the next morning... LOOK OUT! :drool:

Raven
05-29-2003, 11:08 AM
pringles are cool - tilt the can and munch - never touch-em,,,, lol
you can even bail with container when they are gone if need be,,

i usually have water on hand and drink allot if i feel hungry.

normally before fishing i eat a big meal so i can go all day.

i take allot of vitamins so my mind and hunting/ fishing strategy is sharp and focussed. then i'm a man on a mission.

one more cast ! NO! ....... 20 more ....... 50 more:D

Jenn
05-29-2003, 11:33 AM
However, the next morning... LOOK OUT!

Too Funny...see this is the phenomenon I was trying to explain to my husband just last nite! WHY can I go without supper two days in a row and feel fine??? then the third day rolls around and I pig out like theres no tommorrow!

Rappin Mikey
05-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Actually, I attribute the lack of hunger to anticipation. I remember before big games in high school, I could never eat. I grew up on boats and was around chum, fish guts, and kusk air bladders all through my childhood. Back then I ate like a whale. It really wasn't until recently that I have stopped eating. The inverse is that I can sure drink a hell of a lot. Go figure?

Raven
05-29-2003, 03:48 PM
whats your pleasure RMAN...just curious what odd fishermen drink lol...and hey, i'm not odd - i'm a barbarian drinker heh heh.
just kidden ya...cuz your funny... what's the name of that resturant? PM me - so then i can come down and eat your cookin. someday.... when its too hot to fish

RickBomba
05-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Raven,
I'm not sure if by RMAN you mean me or Mikey. Mikey's an adjustment counselor.
The name of my restaurant is Erin's Isle, 66 Chestnut St. in Needham.
781 444 9976
I'm going to start doing some sponsor stuff for members, like a free app for every two people in your party or 10% off your bill or something like that. I just have to work out the details with john.
If you come down, I will definately hook you up thogh.
Later,
Rick

Raven
05-29-2003, 04:21 PM
um - sorry maybe i got the two of you mixed up oops...
and thankyou kindly for the invitation. i guess i need some more fish (ie brain food) or more ginko biloba for my memory. :D