View Full Version : Anyone Catching Anything?

Sea Flat
08-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Going out in Chatham on Friday, anybody catching anything close to there, no need for specifics. Will have the bass and tuna gear with me.

thefishingfreak
08-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Friend Eric Stewart of the hook up in Orleans on Facebook.
Everything you want to know about the Chatham bite.
Seems its either off the hook crazy double digit action or pretty slow from day to day.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

saltyric
08-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Buddy is fishing Chatham right now. 1 for 2 as of 7:30
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mr. Sandman
08-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Looks like a great day tomorrow....I will be home working on my yard :( I have been putting a few things off for to long now. I need to get it done before the fall. I hate to give up "light and variable" days but I need to get'er done

Fly Rod
08-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Some fish R being taken off of Cape Ann...also a lot of reports fish under boats not takeing baits....prices R good in Japan.... there R not many fish on the market....around here they R getting 15-25 bucks a pound on Japanese market....whales have been 8-10 miles from shore feeding on herrin

fishsmith
08-24-2012, 09:29 AM
I'll be swinging for the fences on Sunday, I gave a full day's effort last friday with bait jigged up in the deep water east of the bank, saw a few marks on the finder, but no dice. It was interesting to get a mackeral on a butterfly jig in 80ft, he replaced a hearty whiting. That was a big mistake as the mack made a big tangle with the ballon, so lesson learned for me was macks and ballons don't mingle, maybe a weight near the hook would work .....

On the way back in there were 20 or so boats doing the run and gun chasing little guys ~40" on top under birds just east of the beach house.

Typhoon
08-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Had the 30 second run off of death yesterday. Got my leader back in pieces.

Some sort of toothy creature. Never got a good look.

Sea Flat
08-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Went out last Friday and caught some nice bass and threw back dozens of bluefish. Went looking for tuna, but saw nothing. Bummer.