View Full Version : VooDoo Chum?

Tatume
08-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Hello Folks,

This summer wasn’t the best fishing season for me. Although I caught a lot of fish, they were mostly small. I’m anxious to make up for it in the fall, particularly in the striper season.

I’ve purchased two gallons of VooDoo Menhaden Milk, and wonder if any of you have tried it. I’m thinking of mixing it with dry dog food to use as chum, which I plan to spoon overboard with a soup ladle. I may add some sand to help carry it down, and maybe make some "chum bombs" by putting handfulls in paper napkins to hold it together until it sinks deeper. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Tom
York River/Chesapeake Bay

shurbet
08-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Buy a bucket of real bunker chum and use a chum pot,feed out small chunks of bunker while your fishing use the freshest bunker you can find for hook baits....Use your voo doo milk on your cereal.LOL

thefishingfreak
08-29-2012, 07:42 PM
The dogfish should love it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

jasonsnova
08-29-2012, 07:51 PM
yep sounds like a great plan if your looking for dogfish or sharks off shore. :uhuh:

Tatume
09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I guess you're telling me I'm on my own. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Finlander
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Don't use it out on the bay now the dog pound has moved in. Was getting dogs on bunker spoon on 300 ft of wire today, not good.

yj1990
09-03-2012, 04:10 PM
if it is like when we tried dried cat food, only problem was that it floats we had every seagull with in 50 miles on us and then every fisherman too. try mixing cut bait and playsand and oil and or milk some water in 5 gallon bucket works ok for us

JohnR
09-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Dice up bunker into lots of small pieces like mentioned above but don't feed the fish on the chum, just give them a taste.