View Full Version : pick em time again

redcrbbr
08-30-2012, 07:23 AM
I have been waiting for our old pickem system to start up and with a week to go i'm getting a bit nervous. I decided to switch to Yahoo pickem this year.

if you would like in this season pm me your email and i will send an invite out.

no point spread, will also have confidence point option(subject to change per group vote)

tysdad115
08-30-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm in again Bob. Thanks for doing it again this year

tysdad115
08-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Yahoo looks good. A bit different as far as "Best bets" they are called confidence points. Up to 16 ,one rating per game. If your right the point total gets added to your pick score. I found the helpp section after a few minutes to explain it better.
Confidence Points in Pro Football Pick'em
ID: SLN6640Refers to: Pick'em - Pro Football
Description

This article explains what confidence points are and how to assign them during the regular season and playoffs.

Resolution

Confidence Points are used to give a different weight to each game in a given week. You'll assign a point value (from 1 to 16 if there are 16 games, 1 to 14 if there are 14 games, etc. during the regular season) to each game based on how strongly you feel about the accuracy of your selection. If your selection is correct, you'll receive points equal to the confidence-point value you associated with that game.

So, if you pick Pittsburgh to beat Dallas and assign the game a confidence point value of 16, you'd get 16 points for a correct pick, but no points if Dallas wins. You don't lose points for an incorrect selection.

Each week's points will be tallied, and the player finishing with the highest total at the end of the season will be the winner of the group.

Each confidence point value may be used only once per week. So, during a 16-game week, after you have assigned 16 points to a game, your next highest available value is 15 points.

A special schedule of Confidence Points will be available during the playoffs, for Private Groups that have elected to continue picking through the playoffs, as follows:

•In Playoff Weeks 1 and 2 (4 games each), the options will be 4, 8, 12, and 16 points
•In Playoff Week 3 (2 games), the options will be 8 and 16 points
•In Playoff Week 4 (1 game), the option will be 16 points
This provides for a total of 120 possible points throughout the playoffs. Given the low number of potential points per playoff week, playoff weeks will not be considered for dropping in groups that drop N lowest weeks.

nightfighter
08-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm in

good2hook
09-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm in. Still owe someone a plug for last years?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

redcrbbr
09-04-2012, 08:28 AM
changed the settings, dropped the confidence points and added tie breakers

Notfishinenuf
09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
I am in. PM sent

Vic

nightfighter
09-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm out... Eff yahoo and their data collection systems. Not giving it to them.

Have fun. Going to miss this.