View Full Version : Microsoft Family Safety

spence
09-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I installed this a while ago as it looked to be decent and free for basic protection on the family PC.

Lately I've noticed access requests for facebook from my wife's account on the PC. The thing is, she hasn't been logged on in months...she only uses her macbook.

The requests have her info correct and are coming to my email. I've inspected them and nothing seems out of place.

First thought was a phishing scheme to hack into her facebook account but this also seems odd.

Any ideas?

-spence

iamskippy
09-05-2012, 08:45 AM
The info you have provided seems a little vague, there are a few possibilities but with out first looking at the Meta data of the email it would be hard to tell.

Here are some suggestions.
change the password on the email acct as well and any secret questions and answers,

Do the same for facebook.

Download spybot search and destroy and run a scan and immunize.

Download malware bites and run a scan.

Anti virus and protection software is like the age old argument ford or chevy. I like AVG free, some people like norton, macfee trend micro kaspersky. So that is up to you.

Ps mac's are not virus free anymore
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
09-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Have up to date virus and spyware, but I'll run 'em again just to be sure.

-spence

Zeal
09-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Avast! Antivirus is also a very well-made piece of software. Free and it auto-updates constantly. I don't know if it is available for Mac though.

Malware Bytes combined with Avast is a really great combination as well.

AVG is decent from what I hear.

STAY AWAY FROM NORTON AND MACFEE. The ones listed above do way better and don't slow your PC down to a crawl.

striperman36
09-05-2012, 05:54 PM
been hacked betcha

basswipe
09-05-2012, 06:49 PM
been hacked betcha

That Romney's a sneaky bastage!:)

iamskippy
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
been hacked betcha

My thoughts thats why i suggested the pw change and SQnA
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device