View Full Version : Rain or Shine, I'm Going Fishing Dammit!

BigFish
05-29-2003, 02:28 PM
:ss: Yup, I don't care what the weather is tomorrow, headed down The Race and other places early tomorrow morning. Planning on spending the day haulin' in some fish.:drool: Let me know if any of you will be in the area tomorrow.:wave:

pops02
05-29-2003, 03:47 PM
ill be down there, sometime late morning, chevy extended cab, maroon/tan

Slingah
05-29-2003, 08:16 PM
YEAAAH! THATS RIGHT! GO GET EM'!:lasso:

Rappin Mikey
05-30-2003, 12:11 PM
I might be there tomorrow. Are people catching keepers there yet? Look for a black jeep Cherokee (two door) rack on the back.

BigFish
05-31-2003, 07:18 AM
Went to The Race as planned. The weather was beautiful and it felt great driving around the beach. However the fish were not co-operating. The only fish activity I saw was down past the SCV area towards Hatches Harbor. A small group of gulls hitting the water in front of me so I threw some plugs but the weed was so thick on top that I could'nt work the plug enough before I was weeded up. I only managed a few tail slaps before I switched to metal to get down below the weed but they were'nt having any of that either. The north trail was weedless but no fish in sight. Anyway, had a great day and I got to use my new conventional rod and reel and my new spinning rod and reel. Loved them and I can't wait to feel a fish on them.:walk: Did anyone else make it down The Race yesterday and if so did you hook up?:ss:

pops02
06-02-2003, 09:36 AM
was out on the race saturday afternoon, with the same results, nothing doing, saw the gulls diving at that rip, walked down there, but nothing. fished the last 3 on the up saturday night, and picked a few up, that was it.