View Full Version : java question

BMEUPSCOTTY
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Have read a bit here and there online that some computer expert guys are advising to disable javascript, zero-day blah blah blah... don't have time to research it myself, just wanted to ask if it was really necessarily if 95% of the time I visit the same old websites... I disabled it, but am finding it extremely annoying, as it seems to be used a lot for the functionality I am used to on most of the sites I visit...

spence
09-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Some devices are more vulnerable than others but on a pc if your antivirus is up to date I'd think you're fine.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BMEUPSCOTTY
09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks. I've only been running the free stuff for the last year (MS security essentials and I occasionally run the free malwarebytes product), but I've yet to have any problems with my current laptop. I update everything regularly, and my email accounts handle the spam pretty well so I'm not clicking on anything I shouldn't, but the more I do on the computer, the more likely I am able to be spooked by stuff like this... Maybe I have watched "The Net" to much this summer... damn Praetorians....

spence
09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Avast has a good rep as does Spybot.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device