View Full Version : Political (attack) ads on TV....

FishermanTim
09-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Does it disgust anyone else to see the campaign ads flooding the TV and they have absolutely nothing to say?
The Democrats must really be worried if all of their ads are based on one topic (and it isn't jobs or the economy)?
The ratio of democratic vs republican ads is roughly 4:1, and when you look at the content of the ads, saying nothing 4 times as much doesn't instill a sense of intelligence or confidence!

I find it tiring and disturbing that the root of all the democrat ads are focused on the same platform they used in 2008? Surely they have done something positive they can brag about, right?

No, I don't think that attack ads are a positive. Actually, it makes me think that whatever party puts them out are nothing more than a bunch of idiots bent on wasting OUR money now and after they buy their way into office!

Now when you look at the republican ads, they don't give specific information about their platform, but they are not slanderous attack ads either.

If I had to base my vote solely on the ads alone, I would most definitely vote Republican. But since I am not basing my vote on the ads alone, the candidates are making my choice even easier every time they open their mouths!

Boy, I can't wait for the elections to be over so I don't have to see Warrens face every 5 minutes in the evening telling us how bad Brown is.

Raider Ronnie
09-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Chief Talking Bull Warren is the worst !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS
09-14-2012, 01:24 PM
It would be interesting to post some stats. from independent org. saying who has more untrue ads.

FishermanTim
09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
More realistically, how many ads depict a candidate rambling on about negative half-truths about their opponents, and how many are positive?

You do know that if all your ads are directed at your opponent, saying that he did this or he voted for that and things can only get worse if he wins, then you haven't said anything about yourself. And if you haven't said anything about ypurself, your policies, or even your beliefs then you are definitely hoping that the "idiot vote" pulls for you at the polls.

I shudder to thing of the level of voter fruad THIS election year will bring.

When you have a Democratis state rep (Andrews) fabricating false claims against her opponent (Lee), and has no evidence whatsoever to back up her hair-brained claim, you can see how the desparate politicians will act when they start to lose to their (Republican) opponents.

All I can say is "Let the games begin!"

FishermanTim
09-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Now the Warren ads are calling "foul" for Brown attacking her on her supposed "minority" status regarding her indian heritage.

What a joke!

She cries "foul" when the Republican opponent calls her on something she was hoping nobobdy would have caught her on, yet she and her campaign were the first to sully the political waters with their mud-slinging from square one!

Maybe she should just suck it up and try to campaign on something TRUE for a change, since she is part of that Oh-so-holy "Hope and Change" party.

It's funny that her attack ads are only focusing on ONE topic, and they are hoping that if they get enough uninformed, clueless satellite star has-beens to say it that it will eventually become true.
Meanwhile Scott Brown has been holding off from bringing out ALL the potential skeletons Warren has hanging in her closet.
I wanted to see a clean, well fought campaign (which Brown started with) but after way too many Warren muck-fest ads, it's clear who has mud on HER face!!

Isn't it also funny that the two major campaigns being thrown in our faces day after day, that one party is content to tell us what they believe, what they plan to do and what they stand for, and the other is content to attack them for doing what they should be doing?

scottw
09-27-2012, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=FishermanTim;960845]Now the Warren ads are calling "foul" for Brown attacking her on her supposed "minority" status regarding her indian heritage.

What a joke!

/QUOTE]

Lie-A-Watha :rotf2:

FishermanTim
09-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Even more to the point:

What has Warren done for "the people"?????

All of her ads are aimed at what Brown has done, or will do, but she hasn't (and probably CAN'T without letting more skeletons out of her closet) told us one thing that she did.

Sadly, even though Brown has done what he said he would do, being bi-partisan and all, this state will blindly vote for Warren because,and JUST because she is a Democrap.

Then if she should win, and things go south real fast (as they will under current Dem policies) these same voters will pull the "Blame the Republican" card and whine away without accepting their role in the results!

Boy, I hope more and more dems wake up and stop drinking the M#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& koolaid and start thinking with their heads and not their......Well, you know what I mean.

Jackbass
09-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Warren is a Hypocritical beyond compare.

She is supposed to be a consumer advocate. She represented travelers in a class action law suit essentially acting against victims of asbestos poisoning.

She claims to want transparency. She has been asked to provide 6 years of tax returns to the Herald which she has not. Scott brown provided his when asked.

As a member of the congressional oversight commuter she blocked attempts to record the meeting minutes and would not work to establish a budget for the committee.

She used minority status and was listed as a minority in law directories. She has hidden her personnel records from Harvard and Penn to avoid them becoming public. She may have used "minority" status as far back as 1986. She basically took jobs intended for true minorities.

Oh she also has yet to disclose individual campaign contributors. Brown has a complete list available.

She will win though this is MA the state that left Kennedy and Frank in office for ever. People are blind to accomplishment and character and viewing red and blue.

buckman
09-27-2012, 12:20 PM
She won't win... Not even in this state . Scott Brown is what most of us want in a senator. Adding her as a senator gains us nothing. We have one do nothing, hypocrite in Kerry already. If we had more like Brown and less partisans on both sides this country would be better off. Warren is worse then Pelosie