View Full Version : Black Bear

keeperreaper
09-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Got this one Tuesday. Well over the 300 mark gutted.

PRBuzz
09-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice....curious: now that you got it what do you do with it? I am not a hunter. I assume bear meat is good and you also get a nice bear skin rug?

Was it raiding your bird feeder in the backyard?:rotf2:

striperman36
09-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Mansfield must have bigger animals than I thought on this side of town.

Bronko
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
You are a beast kid. Nice work.

Piscator
09-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Matt told me he is having the skin made into a fur top coat so he can tuna fish through November
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Hookedagain
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Where did you get it? Every year I say I want to do a bear hunt but it never seems to happen. Cost is most likely the biggest factor. Its not bad if you have a place of your own, but if you go on a guided hunt they get pricey.

Bronko
09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Matt told me he is having the skin made into a fur top coat so he can tuna fish through November

I claimed dibs on the tail fur, It will make a phenominal merkin.

Piscator
09-17-2012, 03:17 PM

It will make a fine merkin indeed my friend. What a great addition it will make to your vast and impressive
collection.

You have set the bar even higher than I thought possible

keeperreaper
09-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Where did you get it? Every year I say I want to do a bear hunt but it never seems to happen. Cost is most likely the biggest factor. Its not bad if you have a place of your own, but if you go on a guided hunt they get pricey.

It was harvested up in the Great North Woods of Maine. It wasn't pricey due to the fact that a friend owns land and a few sites so it was cheap. I didn't have a guide so that brings down the price even more.

keeperreaper
09-17-2012, 05:45 PM

It will be a fine addition to an already very stout collection of rare merkins.

keeperreaper
09-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Nice....curious: now that you got it what do you do with it? I am not a hunter. I assume bear meat is good and you also get a nice bear skin rug?

Was it raiding your bird feeder in the backyard?:rotf2:

Phil thinking of a full body mount or rug. Not sure yet. The animal was pretty good size so a mount would take up a lot of space. Leaning towards a rug.

I dont like bear meat but my buddy took it all so it wont go to waste.

striperman36
09-17-2012, 06:22 PM
the house I stay in Maine has a polar bear rug, with the skull. Crusher!