View Full Version : Who has had Penn 130's stolen from them?

Hooper
09-20-2012, 04:17 PM
A pair of Penn International 130's have appeared at one of our local pawn shops that we check daily for stolen property. It is most likely these reels were taken from the Cape Cod area.

I am absolutely certain these are stolen, but so far we have not been able to ID a victim. So I am turning to the power of S-B.com in an attempt to find the owner of these reels.

If you recently lost something similar, or hear of someone who has, drop me an email or a PM with contact information. Hopefully we can find the fisherman who had these reels taken from them in time to get offshore for the fall bite.

My email is ggibbons@yarmouth.ma.us

Thanks!

thefishingfreak
09-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I thought there was a tackle shop relocating to another building or something like that, that got broken into not long ago. Can't remember specifics maybe it'll come to me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Hooper
09-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I thought there was a tackle shop relocating to another building or something like that, that got broken into not long ago. Can't remember specifics maybe it'll come to me.

Sounds good Freak, I appreciate the help if you think of anything. Man, if these were my 130's I'd be some upset.

Piscator
09-20-2012, 10:15 PM

Mike, was it this one that you were thinking?

Capt. Terry Nugent of the Riptide reports that the new Sportsmen’s Landing tackle shop, located across the street from their old shop in Dennis, Massachusetts, was broken into early this morning (April 6).

A ton of gear was stolen, including the entire Costa Del Mar sunglasses case; FinNor offshore series spinning reels (6500-8500 series), conventional and spinning Penn reels, custom rods, 130-pound offshore outfits and Accurate conventional reels.

Nugent and the folks at Sportmen’s Landing are asking people to keep an eye and ear for any of these gear items for sale, or too-good-to-be-true deals.

Hooper
10-10-2012, 04:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on the reels caper...

A guy came to the PD today to report his Penn 130's had been stolen from his boat while docked in his marina located in town. He had been away for about one month and discovered them missing today. He was elated to learn we had them as he did not have them insured. He had photgraphs of them from when he bought them awhile ago which was incredibly helpful.

Bottom line is, they were stolen and the owner has them back on board now.

buckman
10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Great work!!!!!
Thank you

thefishingfreak
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Nice! That's great

FISHING_FOOL
10-11-2012, 06:39 AM
We really need more police officers like yourself!

fishsmith
10-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Go fishing now, you got your mojo on

Well DONE!!!! :claps:

Sea Flat
10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Wow, that is incredible. Great job.

JohnnyD
10-11-2012, 09:55 AM
This is awesome news. A shame that the scumbags won't have to pay for it.

Too much of this type of crap going on in my area lately due to all the pill poppers.

Sea Flat
10-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I heard recently that the most common form of robbery right now is people going through the obituaries and robbing the houses of people during visiting hours, wakes and funerals. Sick people!!

mungerish
10-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Awesome job on getting those back to the owner.