View Full Version : What happened last night?

JohnR
09-24-2012, 06:59 AM
I fell asleep in the third (not much sleep in last 48) trying to stay awake

spence
09-24-2012, 07:16 AM
It's simply not fair, I mean their defensive line looked mean.

-spence

The Dad Fisherman
09-24-2012, 07:30 AM
I could only make it to the 1/2...camped this weekend and was beat.

I can say there were a lot of cheap shots going on in the 1st quarter by the Raven defense....Refs were really losing control of the game last night.

Anybody see Welker get punched in the head while he was being pushed out of bounds on his first reception?

From what I was reading though the Raven looked like they might have had reason to bitch about the refs too....14 penalties against 1 team is a little excessive

iamskippy
09-24-2012, 07:41 AM
:hidin::buds:
Cheifs won! Not sure what you mean what happened?

Raider Ronnie
09-24-2012, 07:52 AM
I fell asleep in the third (not much sleep in last 48) trying to stay awake

"what happened"

Your team lost.
:-)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
09-24-2012, 08:13 AM
I saw some lowlights. Yes, Refs never had control of what I watched.

Kevin - we were at Yawgoog for the weekend - same thing - little sleep :smash: but great camping weather

"what happened"

Your team lost.
:-)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Yawn

Slipknot
09-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I decided to go fishing instead of watching the game because Bob banned me from going to games anymore since they lose, well the fishing sucked, got skunked so went home to catch the end of the 3rd quarter on...

the Pats lost the game to a dirty Ravens team and the refs are inconsistent bumbling unqualified blind fill-ins that have no business on an NFL field. The league should get a lot of complaints about the officiating today, but the greedy owners most likely won't budge:wall:

Devon McCourty can't catch, no wonder he plays corner instead of receiver, can't defend either.
Flacco is NOT the best QB in football, but our team tried to make him appear that way :hs:
Welker was in the gameplan finally but a field goal over the post gave us a loss :smash:
time to move on to the Buffalo game and improve as a team

Piscator
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Pats have been CLUTCH for so long. Lats 2 Super Bowls games and last 2 games this year have been a much different story

Rockfish9
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I decided to go fishing instead of watching the game because Bob banned me from going to games anymore since they lose, well the fishing sucked, got skunked so went home to catch the end of the 3rd quarter on...

the Pats lost the game to a dirty Ravens team and the refs are inconsistent bumbling unqualified blind fill-ins that have no business on an NFL field. The league should get a lot of complaints about the officiating today, but the greedy owners most likely won't budge:wall:

Devon McCourty can't catch, no wonder he plays corner instead of receiver, can't defend either.
Flacco is NOT the best QB in football, but our team tried to make him appear that way :hs:
Welker was in the gameplan finally but a field goal over the post gave us a loss :smash:
time to move on to the Buffalo game and improve as a team

Two terrible calls stick out more than the other muggings ( both teams) inconsistancies and travasties... first the offensive pass interferance on Eddleman( sp.).. negating a 1st and goal... terrible call.. the defender ate his lunch and stole his wife and he( Eddleman) got called for the foul.. second... the call that went from the
Ravens having a 4th and 15 and having to punt to having a first down.. and touch down a few plays plays latter... the field goal ( or lack of clear definaition) only rubs salt in the wound... yes there were things the Pat's should have/could have done to help themselves out... but at some point, anyone given enough second chances will find the end zone... just look at the Jets/ Miami game...I'm disgusted... go Red Sox.. oh yea.. they suck too...:uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I saw some lowlights. Yes, Refs never had control of what I watched.

Kevin - we were at Yawgoog for the weekend - same thing - little sleep :smash: but great camping weather

We were up at Hidden Valley, weather was awesome, got some rain on Saturday night after we went to bed but was gone by the time we woke up.

Had a Mom camping with us....there were quite a few "Serenity Now" moments..:hihi:

We will be heading down to Yawgoog in March....

Saltheart
09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
We lost. Yes there were a ton of bad calls but they were bad all over the field against both sides. The worst part was the bad calls to make up for previous bad calls. There were many of these. There were some game changing calls as mentioned above.

Bottom line though is that despite a ton of ref "interference" , we still should have won. I agree with Slip. If there was someone to point the finger at it was McCourtney. They ate him alive . It also looked to me that our D actually got tired down the stretch. Ravens were supposed to be tough but we had them , then let them go.

Anyway , we lost two in a row now that we could have/should have won. I think we are flirting with disaster right now. D secondary looked as bad as last year. O line needed Gronk to stay in and block robbing us of huge passing threats. Rice ran all over us but especially when it counted. Something has to change or it will be a very disappointing season.

The Dad Fisherman
09-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Just think....if they don't come to an agreement with the refs...some of these guys will be working the Superbowl :shocked:

FishermanTim
09-24-2012, 12:18 PM
OMG!!!!
You know the officiating really sucks when the tv announcers are speechless because they have no clue as to why a flag was thrown or for what the penalty was called.

As for the field goal.....How do you not review THAT play?
If we are to use that same logic for all the games, then all the team has to do is HIT the goal post ANYWHERE and it's a score!

I can forsee fewer fans watching the games, and more people watching the refs screw up each and every week on each and every play!

Of course there's no Sox to enjoy (watch yes, enjoy NO!) and there's no hockey, so all I can say is.....GO CELTICS!!!!

FishermanTim
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
OMG part 2!!!!

What the heck happened last night?

Nothing like blowing a big call that ended the game on national TV to draw attention to your cause....in a negative way!!!!!

What else can these (so called)refs call wrong?
Will they flag a play where a player is decapitated and charge him with removing his helmet while on the field?
Or will they start throwing flags at the cheerleaders for not shaking their pom-poms hard enough?

Or maybe another team will get screwed by another horrible call and walk off the field like Green Bay did last night??

I bet it will be #3, but with the proven track record of horrible officiating, I'll stick to watching college games until the REAL refs come back to work.

Mike P
09-25-2012, 03:50 PM
You know, what I'm afraid of is that fans will tune in to games of no local interest just because of the car crash/train wreck rubbernecking effect---they'll watch games to see just how bad the sub refs are. Used to be only gamblers or stone football junkies who'd watch the 4 PM NFC game on Fox. Now, casual fans will tune in and drive the ratings even higher. :doh:

Kind of like professional wrestling in the old days, where something would "distract" the ref when a bad guy reached into his shorts and pulled out the infamous "foreign object".

nightfighter
09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
When the replacement refs are directly responsible for Vegas and other "books" losing a significant amount of money, something will happen..... Hopefully it is the resolution which brings the real refs back, and not something the other "books" would resort to in their normal business practice.......

Mike P
09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
When the replacement refs are directly responsible for Vegas and other "books" losing a significant amount of money, something will happen..... Hopefully it is the resolution which brings the real refs back, and not something the other "books" would resort to in their normal business practice.......

Books never lose money. The whole idea of the line is to even out the betting, so that no books lose their shirts. It's not like horse racing where a heavy favorite can cause the track to lose money on a race. Sports books are already taking these bozos into account when they set the line on a game. The betting line is designed to get people to bet equally on both teams. It doesn't work out exactly but it keeps losses and gains to a minimum.

Saltheart
09-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I heard that the ref in the GB / Seatle game who made the fatal pass call had only ever ref'ed high school and junior college games prior to Monday night. It says on the news that the refs and owners are talking again and "making progress". Maybe this past weekend's foolishness has do some good in the longrun.

nightfighter
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Books never lose money. The whole idea of the line is to even out the betting, so that no books lose their shirts. It's not like horse racing where a heavy favorite can cause the track to lose money on a race. Sports books are already taking these bozos into account when they set the line on a game. The betting line is designed to get people to bet equally on both teams. It doesn't work out exactly but it keeps losses and gains to a minimum.

Oh, I know how it is supposed to work... but there are times where the book doesn't even out. Word is that there were some losses for the books this weekend. It happens more so early in the season, but the replacement refs have only served to make the books more nervous going forward. They just want to get back to having no risk and collecting the vig off half the money wagered.