View Full Version : Spearfisherman's catch attacked by grouper

Jim in CT
09-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Cool video...

Diver Attacked In Dramatic Underwater Clash - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDjFBnWtwWA)

hummy22
09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I woulda need to change my boxers asap.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bronko
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Goliath Grouper aka jewfish, and they get a lot bigger than that. Take a 10jb jack crevale stick a shark hook through its back and drop it down on a wreck in the Keys on a 50 lb class stand up outfit.... You have about 5 seconds to stop it before it retreats back into the wreck or coral head. Crazy power.

Piscator
09-24-2012, 06:30 PM
You have about 5 seconds to stop it before it retreats back into the wreck or coral head. Crazy power.

Harry, what is coral head? Captain Dangler spoke of it once during a seminar years ago in Belize but I've never heard about it since........until now that is.

Nebe
09-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Coral head is the top limit of the reef/wreck structure.

Piscator
09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
That is NOT the same Coral Head that Captain Dangler spoke of....

niko
09-24-2012, 07:05 PM
caught one with 9 hooks in it's mouth

Nebe
09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
That is NOT the same Coral Head that Captain Dangler spoke of....

Mmm kay

keeperreaper
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I believe coral head is what my friends sister, Coral gives to special friends of hers.
She is a very good dancer too....

Nebe
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Piscator
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
I believe coral head is what my friends sister, Coral gives to special friends of hers.
She is a very good dancer too....

Yup! That sounds exactly like the Coral head that the righteous Captain Dangler spoke of.

Thanks Matt

scottw
09-26-2012, 05:22 AM
a dear departed friend of mine dove off the oil platforms in Louisiana doing maintenance, he used to say that these huge groupers would swim right up to him, mostly out of curiosity and bump him and wouldn't leave....he said that the way that he'd get them to leave him alone was to whack them right between the eyes with his wrench and then they'd just dodder off into the depths somewhat stunned....I always found that to be an amusing visualization....

looks like that diver was just happy to get his hand back