View Full Version : Rather Stressed at the moment

spinncognito
09-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Stuck at work with no possibility of escape and getting multiple calls about an all-out big bass blizt happening just a few miles away. I cannot think straight nevermind accomplish anything. Normally I could scoot out for an hour but circumstances are not in my favor.

This sucks!!!!:fury:

Bronko
09-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Priorities. They are just fish. Work and family come first.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND
09-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Priorities. They are just fish. Work and family come first.

My Mantra this year..... :fury:

DZ
09-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Stuck at work with no possibility of escape and getting multiple calls about an all-out big bass blizt happening just a few miles away. I cannot think straight nevermind accomplish anything. Normally I could scoot out for an hour but circumstances are not in my favor.

Where do you work? Maybe I can go ;)

fishbones
09-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been working more hours than ever the last few months and have had much less time to fish. Yesterday was the first time I got out in the morning and fished from 5am till 7:15 then rushed home to get my son on the bus and went to work. I figure as much as it sucks, I'm lucky to have a good job that lets me provide for my family and myself. Besides, the fish will be around at some point when I'm out there. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

shadow
09-26-2012, 11:52 AM
GO! you can always catch up on work tomorrow :devil2:

BigFish
09-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Can't be all places at all times.....if it makes you feel better...remember that you are missing good fishing someplace...all the time!!!:uhuh:

tysdad115
09-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Where do you work? Maybe I can go ;)
Exactly what I was thinking..:rotf2:

striperman36
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been working more hours than ever the last few months and have had much less time to fish. Yesterday was the first time I got out in the morning and fished from 5am till 7:15 then rushed home to get my son on the bus and went to work. I figure as much as it sucks, I'm lucky to have a good job that lets me provide for my family and myself. Besides, the fish will be around at some point when I'm out there. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

I'm with ya, I don't even feel like getting up to fish like that, I so tired from work

Sea Dangles
09-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Makes me glad I'm unemployed.

afterhours
09-26-2012, 01:42 PM
between work and just moving in new home (to us) and renovating it, i'm missing out on some real good (according to the calls) fishing...hopefully i can be back in action in a couple of weeks :uhuh:. leave a few for me.

FishermanTim
09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Don't answer the phone if you know who's calling! :smash:

The anxiety will dissapate gradually until you can get out!

Jackbass
09-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Exactly what I was thinking..:rotf2:

X3

Canalman
09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I wonder how many shameless PMs he's gotten so far! :fury::rotf2:

tysdad115
09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
None from me! I dont have any gear with me anyways, which is usually when I get those calls. All my stuff is sitting comfy in my closet..

spinncognito
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I wonder how many shameless PMs he's gotten so far! :fury::rotf2:

Surprisingly none. I guess no one was interested in catching 30# bass!

I am still at work but took a quick ride at 2PM to see that there was still activity but less than earlier. Oh Well, I still have a job and my friends picked up a few nice fish. Perhaps it will repeat tomorrow...

Rockport24
09-26-2012, 04:14 PM
yeah it seems to be heating up around these parts, haven't heard of 30 poundahs yet though!

MAKAI
09-26-2012, 05:40 PM
I have a friend who will call you, put his phone next to his reel while a fish is taking drag. Then hang up.
I will get my revenge ……

Raven
09-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Can't be all places at all times.....if it makes you feel better...remember that you are missing good fishing someplace...all the time!!!:uhuh:

well spoken !

spinncognito
09-27-2012, 07:57 AM
It did repeat this morning so I was able to get out there for a coupla hours before work. Only one fat mid-30 inch fish to show for it. They were super-focused on the peanuts and herring fry. Not checking messages until I am about to leave work today......

JohnR
09-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Welcome to my whole summer.

fishbones
09-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Welcome to my whole summer.

For a guy who owns a striped-bass fishing website, it would seem that you should fish a little more than you do. I hope you at least get to fish more than Spence. There's a rumor that he found his fishing gear behind some garment bags filled with designer suits in his basement and is considering using it before the fall run is over.

RIROCKHOUND
09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
For a guy who owns a striped-bass fishing website, it would seem that you should fish a little more than you do. I hope you at least get to fish more than Spence. There's a rumor that he found his fishing gear behind some garment bags filled with designer suits in his basement and is considering using it before the fall run is over.

Not a rumor.
Imemma and I are dragging him around the Block in Nov....

Finaddict
09-27-2012, 08:28 PM

Whaaaaah ...Whaaaaah ... Whaaah ... life is tough, isn't it ...

RIROCKHOUND
09-27-2012, 08:49 PM

WTF?

Finaddict
09-27-2012, 09:58 PM
WTF?

I'm ribbing a friend, is there a problem?

Mr. Sandman
09-28-2012, 04:07 AM
It is important to provide for your crew, no question. But you have to feed your soul as well.

Let me ask you this simple question...

On your last day of life on earth, will you say:

Gee, I am glad I spent that time with a friend or family member creating fond fishing memories

OR

Gee, I am glad I got those extra hours in at work before I die.

I know what my answer would be...if at all possible, go fish. work will be there when you get back.

afterhours
09-28-2012, 06:18 AM
It is important to provide for your crew, no question. But you have to feed your soul as well.

Let me ask you this simple question...

On your last day of life on earth, will you say:

Gee, I am glad I spent that time with a friend or family member creating fond fishing memories

OR

Gee, I am glad I got those extra hours in at work before I die.

I know what my answer would be...if at all possible, go fish. work will be there when you get back.

good post jim.

MAKAI
09-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Yup !
No one is gonna put a worker bee ribbon on your casket.

JohnR
09-28-2012, 07:09 AM

2 years ago I probably fished 75+ nights/days
Last year probably 30 after screwing up my knee
This year 3 times for a variety of reasons by primarily my back

spinncognito
09-28-2012, 07:16 AM

Much tougher for you my friend, much tougher! (that beach in rkpt was indeed going off this morning)

I am blessed to live on an island and to have a very flexible work schedule despite my line of work (healthcare management). If the blitzing continues today I will be changing my hours to 4 per day over the next 4 days so I have more time on the water and a better chance of landing a real fall cow. :jump1:

justplugit
09-28-2012, 07:22 AM
What is this call stuff, people actually calling you telling you of blitzes?
This must be something new? ? Sounds like a 2 edge sword to me. :)

spinncognito
09-28-2012, 07:46 AM
What is this call stuff, people actually calling you telling you of blitzes?
This must be something new? ? Sounds like a 2 edge sword to me. :)

I fish with a group of 4 or five guys and yes, we do "network" to cover more areas and help each other get on fish. In this day and age that is not surprise that folks utilze the cell phone. It can be a double-edged sword when fish are tight in one spot and seven guys are calling their friends who then in turn call their friends. Fortuneatley there seems to be an ample amount of fish spread out over some very fishable areas, at the moment...:uhuh: