View Full Version : Suggestions for Cape Ann

falkners
09-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I am thinking of a exploratory kayak trip to the area next week weather permitting. Anyone have any suggestions for a launch site and target area? I have never fished the area but have 10+ years under my belt and am looking to try a new area.

The Dad Fisherman
09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Where on Cape Ann?.....Glostah Harbor you can launch at Stagefort Park or Niles Beach

blondterror
09-26-2012, 02:04 PM
As of Oct 1st you can launch at Black and Whites Beach (Blacks) in Manchester..

Niles was hot last week....

falkners
09-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the tips. Launch site would depend on the wind and waves. I was looking on Google Maps for 2 or 3 different options Whites and Folly Cove being 2 likely spots. Being unfamiliar with the area and boat traffic it would be an early am daylight or sunset trip to feel out the area. I would be fishing with my older son. Probably T&W and hoping for some topwater action.

Fly Rod
09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Be careful...easterly winds U would have a hard time getting out to fish...Pavillion beach is good to launch... fish to the right of 10 pound island by the big rock fish hang on that ledge

launch behind the gloucester high school if U want to fish the river

Rockport..granite pier is good to launch...lot of good areas to fish...Straitmouth on the north side by lighthouse...that whole area is good