View Full Version : Need a new Squid spot

KLMulder
05-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Got kicked off the state pier in Newport by the DEM a few nights ago. Again I suffer because of @$#%^& who trash other people's stuff. I have just moved back from Kansas and don't know of another place to go in the Newport area. Please Help

Thanks KL:af: :af:

JohnR
05-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Mulder - can't help you as I don't squid (other than maybe saying the lights at Galilee - but that's a haul).

But I can honestly say that made an absolute mistake trying to use a Porta Toilet at the Causeway a couple weeks ago. That was the nastiest, sickest, bathroom or Porta Toilet I have ever seen. The bigest bunch of flipin low lifes in the world to make trhat kinda mess - OK maybe not the world but close. I'm really suprised that Newport allows that. It was just SICK'ning to see!

KLMulder
05-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Is in not bad there or what. I have been in KS for the past 5yrs and it was no where near this bad when I left. I was so happy to be coming back and being close to family again and doing some bass fishing. Now I will be very limited as I will have to buy bait. Thanks for your post

KL:D

breakfast fish
05-30-2003, 03:55 PM
this spot might be closer to u, but need to cross the newport bridge and jamestown. i've caught squid at the uri docks, but i'm not too sure if the docks are off limits still. i did get some by casting and retrieving my squid jigs. good luck...... john's spot is good especially to the left of the boat ramp, but can be spotty, caught some really nice bass with the squid off the white bridge.

Buzz-erd
05-31-2003, 09:10 PM
I'm not a prejudiced man (ie. see my girl),but you gotta be kidding me.The days of squiding in Newport are over as you remember. Enough piles of toilet paper and human excrement will
shut down ANY fishing spot.

fishweewee
06-01-2003, 08:45 AM
Saw a bunch of guys on the Jamestown bridges (both old and new) last night. Where they parked and how they got there is a mystery to me, there must be squid there.

-WW