View Full Version : Java Script Question

Swimmer
09-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Can one purchase Java in a store or online other than downloading for free. My dialup situation will making downloading nearly impossible. Some day I am going to switch to power steering I swear.

spence
09-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Your best bet would be to have someone copy the Java install to a few hundred 5-1/4" floppy disks :hihi:

-spence

iamskippy
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Frank, is it a laptop? If so go to a wifi location and do it there. Java is free, but if you dont have that ability i can burn it to a cd for you and get it out to you.

I would be more concerned with other updates as well if you are just concerned with Java, do you have someone that may live close you can get on there network?

If you ever in RI or want to let me i can take your tower and update it for you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRBuzz
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Frank, is it a laptop? If so go to a wifi location and do it there. Java is free, but if you dont have that ability i can burn it to a cd for you and get it out to you.

I would be more concerned with other updates as well if you are just concerned with Java, do you have someone that may live close you can get on there network?

If you ever in RI or want to let me i can take your tower and update it for you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

If laptop or even desktop, if I am closer you can you use my wifi or hardwire to update ALL. Updates go fast with a 6 pak!:gu:

Swimmer
09-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Your best bet would be to have someone copy the Java install to a few hundred 5-1/4" floppy disks :hihi:

-spence

I love your humor Spence. I have a floppy drive that I can attach via usb, so who knows Spence. I just don't have the two years of time to sit and watch to make sure it loads properly.:rotf2: I have quite a bit of artwork on the floppys I have to upload someday.

spence
09-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Do it before you forget...I have a lot of college stuff on tape that I'm not sure I'll ever see again.

-spence