View Full Version : Official Tourney For Chuck Thread

Canalman
09-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Sticky Please :)

If you've been following the other thread you know that we're trying to raise money for a longtime member and all around good guy on this site Chuck Vietry aka, CraftyAngler. He has fallen ill with a serious ailment and needs some help absorbing the costs of the medical bills. One of the best things about this community here at S-B is that we all know each other and that everyone is always willing help out. We've had a dinner and a few plug auctions on here to help out and hopefully, we'll be able to raise a substantial sum here as well, my goal is 200 people, or $3000. Let's hope we eclipse that pretty fast.

PRIZE UPDATES BELOW

PRIZES:
So far I think we'll be able to award prizes for the top 4-5 spots. We have donations from...

Gift Certificates from The Saltwater Edge/Edgeangling.com
Plugs from RM Smith
Plugs from Johnny
Plugs from Afterhours
Plugs from LeftHook
Plugs from TheDadFIsherman
Plugs from ChefChris
Plugs from iamskippy
Plugs from JLH
Plugs from fishbones
Plugs from Surf Asylum
Plugs from Guppy Lures Just Added!
Plugs from BigFish Bait Co Just Added!
Plugs from SeaView Lures Just Added!
--Hope I didn't forget anyone!--

Books from DZ
Books from DJ Muller
Books from Zeno Hromin

$300 toward a Century Rods purchase from DJ Muller and Century Rods!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I'm still not sure what the exact prizes will be, but they will look something like this...
1st Place - $100 GC to The Edge + Plugs and a book from Zeno
2nd Place - $50 GC to the Edge + Plugs and a book from Zeno
3rd Place - A Pile of Plugs and a book from Zeno
4th Place - A slightly Smaller Pile of Plugs and a book from Zeno
5th Place - A Still smaller pile of Plugs and a Book from Zeno
More places may be added when I see how many plugs and other donations I have.

Special Prize for the Largest fish caught and released during the Tournament
A $300 credit toward a future Century Rods purchase!!

Special Needlefish Prize from DZ
For the largest bass caught and released on a Needlefish, a copy of Surfcasting Around the Block by Dennis Zambrotta

Special Catch & Release Photo Prize
A Copy of Striper Tales by DJ Muller and an old-stock BM Junior w/ eyes in Blue Cloud Color and a large-format fishing photo from Casey Breeds!

RULES:
1. The tournament will run from 6 p.m. Thursday (October 4th) to 12 p.m. Sunday (October 7th).
2. All fish entered must striped bass of legal size (over 28 inches) and they must be caught in a surfcasting situation. This means the angler must be contacting the Earth with some part of his or her body. No boats or kayaks can be used unless they are used to access an area to fish from the surf. Fish caught anywhere stripers swim are eligible for the contest.
3. This is a catch, photo and release tournament, the winner will be determined using a combination of total inches tallied for his or her top three longest fish of the weekend.
4. All measurements should be rounded to the nearest whole inch, anything under the half inch line is rounded down and any fish measuring at or past the half inch mark will be rounded up to the next whole number. Example: 28.25 = 28 inches, 28.75 = 29.
5. Any striped bass entered into the tournament must be photographed with a measuring tape showing inches stretched out next to the fish and with the tournament tag visible in the photo. A second release shot is strongly encouraged and a special release shot photo prize will be awarded.
6. Tournament entries must be received by October 1st and the Tournament Tag will be emailed to you during the day on Thursday. Download and print the tag and bring it with you when you fish.
7. All fish photos must be posted in the Tournament Thread on this forum or emailed to tourneyforchuck[at]gmail.com by 1 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. Please make sure to include your NAME and the LENGTH of the fish you're entering.
8. A series of prize packages will be awarded for first, second and third place, an award for largest bass caught and released on a needlefish will also be awarded. More places and prizes may also be awarded as more donations come in.
9. In the event of a tie a fourth fish will be added to the tally of the tied anglers, so make sure you photograph and enter all legal-sized fish you catch.
10. The tournament will go on in almost any weather situation, in the event that we have a hurricane or other situation that may make it impossible for participants to fish safely the rain date will be October 11-14.
11. All participating anglers will do so at their own risk, striped-bass.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries incurred during the duration of this charitable event.

TO ENTER:
Please PayPal $15 to the site stuff@linesiders.com (gift option) with Tourney For Chuck in the comments section along with your name, S-B Handle, cell# and email address... don't worry your privacy will be well-protected. Or you can stop in at the Saltwater Edge and sign up (Cash only).

If you can't make it to the Edge or PayPal the site, please PM me and we'll make other arrangements.

We'd like to have everyone signed up by 10/1 that's Monday... but of course we'll make exceptions.

Remember when you're heading out to fish, don't forget your TAPE, your CAMERA! and the TOURNAMENT TAG! :hihi:

This should be a lot of fun, and we'll be helping out one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Please post a simple "I'm in" below and any questions you may have so we can start tallying things up.

All plug donations welcome :)

-Dave

tysdad115
09-28-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm in. Thanks to everyone who donated for this great cause.

chefchris401
09-28-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm in, paypal sent

ill put the plugs together for you too Dave, Ill also be grabbing the plugs from Skippy

I posted this link on FB too, lets try and make this a great fund raiser

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

leptar
09-28-2012, 09:36 AM
i'm in for 2.

Canalman
09-28-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm in of course and will also be signing up my usual fishing partner.

BigFish
09-28-2012, 09:53 AM
I am in! Also like to send a few plugs for the cause Dave!:uhuh:

Jackbass
09-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I am in!! I will post a link on my club site as well. Not a ton of guys on there but they are usually happy to help.

Chunkah
09-28-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm in. PayPal sent. I'll see if I can dig up some plugs to donate as well.

Canalman
09-28-2012, 05:12 PM
C'mon people it's a $15 excuse to fish harder next weekend, you'll be helping someone who needs it and you just might win something!! :smash:

JLH
09-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Just signed up

Canalman
09-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Tourney For Chuck | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/events/184709368332166/)

Here is the FB event page, invite everyone that fishes the surf

chefchris401
09-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Nice work Dave. Sent some invites out.

smk379
09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm in , funds have been sent!

vineyardblues
09-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Just sent pay pal
sprecial thanks to Dave and Company for doing this event .
tight lines to all who entered ><> ---

GWS Chuck
VB

chrisjoe13
09-29-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm in.

tynan19
09-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Will sign up Kacie and I for this. Not sure we'll fish but will donate. Also since Crafty is such a photo junkie. I will donate a large photo as well.

Matt D
09-30-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm in. Will only be able to fish Sat night/Sun am but that don't matter much.

GWS Chuck!

numbskull
09-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Can't fish Sat, but I'm in.

Canalman
09-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Casey, thanks. I saw you FB post, I'll contact you later today.

George, the tourney runs thu-sun, if you can find some time to fish in that span, you're golden.

-Dave

ProfessorM
09-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Dave if possible just keep the insert $ and sign me up. I hope you got what I sent.

numbskull
09-30-2012, 12:29 PM
George, the tourney runs thu-sun, if you can find some time to fish in that span, you're golden.

I'm just making excuses in case Paul beats me.

RickBomba
09-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Just signed up Naked #^&#^&#^&#^&y, Messy Matty, and myself. We'll be at the Cape next weekend.

GWS Crafty. Thoughts and prayers from my family.
Rick

ed morini
09-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm in pp sent good luck everyone

Ed

Canalman
09-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Dave if possible just keep the insert $ and sign me up. I hope you got what I sent.

That works Paul, you caught me just in time, envelope was due to be sealed this evening.

Canalman
09-30-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm just making excuses in case Paul beats me.

:biglaugh:

RickBomba
09-30-2012, 06:04 PM
And there's a donation for a MAC pencil that's in my lure bag on Christian's boat. It's one a one of a kind green mac canal special that I paid about $100 for on EBAY.

We just need to get in touch with Christian to make sure he can get me the lure bag to send the plug to the tourney...

Thanks,
Rick

Green Light
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Paypal link?

chefchris401
09-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Paypal link?

On the front page, donate paypal logo

The Dad Fisherman
10-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Sticky Please :)

Done

Jackbass
10-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Money sent

GregW
10-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Pp sent.

Canalman
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
PRIZE UPDATE:

DJ Muller and Century Rods have donated a $300 credit toward a future purchase from Century or, if you wish, a $300 custom rod from Century. This prize will be awarded to the largest fish caught in the tournament! :uhuh:

Huge thanks to those guys! :love:

Canalman
10-01-2012, 09:29 AM
PRIZE UPDATE:

Our own Casey Breeds (tynan19) has donated a large-format photo to our cause. This will be awarded, along with the other things already listed, to the angler who submits the best shot of a fish being released.

Thanks Casey!!!

If you haven't seen them, his photos are amazing!

-Dave

Sgt Striper
10-01-2012, 10:04 AM
I have a new custom Lami 1321L wrapped conventional for a Abu 6500 size /Akios/Amoto etc. If someone donates a new reel for it I will donate the rod!!

ANY LUCK?
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Count me in. Paid up.

iamskippy
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Dropped off the plugs to Chef today.

JohnnySaxatilis
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
im in im in just sent paypal

new jack
10-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm in. Money in the mail. Thanks dave

fishbones
10-01-2012, 08:20 PM
PP'd and dropped plugs in the mail earlier, Dave. Thanks for doing all of this.

Green Light
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks Chris!

Paid via PayPal.

chrisjoe13
10-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Are there any plans for some type of gathering on Sunday afternoon?

JohnR
10-02-2012, 08:25 AM

I would love to but I am selling popcorn with the son's Boy Scout Troop on Sunday.

Canalman
10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
PRIZE UPDATE:
Bill and Jules Guide Service Boston Saltwater Fishing by Bill & Jules - Quincy, MA - Sports & Recreation | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston-Saltwater-Fishing-by-Bill-Jules/199398070091283?fref=ts) has donated a Half-Day Four Person Charter to the prize pool. For this prize we will be pulling a name randomly from all of the people who have signed up by 9 p.m. tomorrow evening. The random drawing will be made on Sunday evening so stay tuned...

HUGE THANKS TO BILL & JULES!!!!!!!

Canalman
10-02-2012, 11:35 AM
DEADLINE FOR SIGN UPS IS WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 3rd @ 9 PM.
Please make sure you either send your payment AND information to stuff@linesiders.com via PayPal or send an email to tourneyforchuck@gmail.com to make other payment arrangements. The TOURNAMENT TAG will be available for download on the FB event page, here on Striped-Bass Fishing | Striper Fishing (http://www.striped-bass.com) and will also be emailed to everyone whose email I have.

-Dave

JohnR
10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Sweet :buds:

Renegade6
10-02-2012, 11:44 AM
in and paid

thanks to those doing the heavy lifing here

Canalman
10-02-2012, 01:11 PM

I wish, but I just don't see how it can be thrown together in such short time.

IF someone wants to take that on, I'm all for it. Otherwise the prizes and raffle will have to unfold live on SB and FB :biglaugh:

pmbrac
10-02-2012, 05:56 PM
In.. Just sent PP

Canalman
10-02-2012, 08:21 PM
DONATION UPDATE!!

HUGE THANKS TO THE JERSEY SHORE SURFCASTERS (JSS)
They voted today to send a cash donation of $250 to Chuck to help with his treatment! Check them out online at their Home Page (http://www.jerseyshoresurfcasters.com) and if you're a surfcaster then you don't want to miss their show. Surf Day is quickly becoming the premier surf show on the East Coast, great speakers, custom plug builders and surf-specific vendors make this show one you shouldn't miss! No beef jerky carts and Sham-Wow hawkers here... it's all surfcasting and it's worth the trip no matter where you live!

capecodkid
10-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm in, PP coming...

Linesider82
10-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Are entries still acceptable? Rules state entries by the first of the month

Linesider82
10-03-2012, 12:16 AM
K, just read exceptions part, sent entry for (myself +2) x 2 for the math majors out there lol. Get well Chuck!

RIROCKHOUND
10-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm in...

JohnR
10-03-2012, 08:51 AM
K, just read exceptions part, sent entry for (myself +2) x 2 for the math majors out there lol. Get well Chuck!

:rotf2:

Canalman
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM

Canalman
10-03-2012, 03:38 PM
PRIZE UPDATE:
Thanks to the generosity of Greg McSharry and Jim (Murty) Murtagh we have two more big prizes for the random drawing. Greg donated a Hab's Sr. Night'n'Gale, new in the package along with another plug for the prize pool! And Murty added a Gary2 Slim along with another plug for the prize pool!

Canalman
10-03-2012, 03:39 PM
TOURNAMENT UPDATE:

Start time is ACTUALLY 6 AM tomorrow morning. The Tournament tag will be posted later tonight.

Canalman
10-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Here's the TAG:

Please print this out or save it on your phone and make sure it's visible in the photo along with a measuring tape showing the length of the bass you submit. Remember it's a cumulative tally of your top-three bass Thursday to Sunday. Photos submitted that don't contain the tag AND a tape measure stretched out next the fish will not qualify. You can also download it directly by clicking here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58133592/TFC-TOURNAMENT%20TAG1.jpg

Emails will go out later tonight.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58133592/TFC-TOURNAMENT%20TAG1.jpg

ProfessorM
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
wish it started yesterday:)

spence
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm in and Griffin's in.

-spence

Canalman
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Me too Paul, would have put up some points this morning for sure

Slipknot
10-03-2012, 07:47 PM
me and Danny are in

Slipknot
10-03-2012, 07:50 PM
DEADLINE FOR SIGN UPS IS WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 3rd @ 9 PM.
Please make sure you either send your payment AND information to stuff@linesiders.com via PayPal or send an email to tourneyforchuck@gmail.com to make other payment arrangements. The TOURNAMENT TAG will be available for download on the FB event page, here on Striped-Bass Fishing | Striper Fishing (http://www.striped-bass.com) and will also be emailed to everyone whose email I have.

-Dave
got it dave

thanks

Canalman
10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
dumbass?? :biglaugh:

Thank you everyone. As soon as I get the email addresses from John, I will email the the TAG. It is available for direct download above as well. Don't forget your TAG your TAPE MEASURE and your CAMERA!!! Send all photo submissions to tourneyforchuck@gmail.com. Lines in at 6 a.m. tomorrow!!!

Get Well Soon Chuck!

stinkyink
10-03-2012, 10:28 PM
wish it started yesterday:)

I concur. Good luck to everyone. Get out there be safe and catch some stripahs.

CharlesT
10-05-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm in.... Paypal shudda been received by now.

Dropped my ruler in the suds, but I swear this cow is legal!!!!! It's .... ummmm... 67 inches long ... and uh... 32 inches girth. Personal best for October 2012. My best regards to Chuck!

http://mmuddler.smugmug.com/Nature/Fishing-the-Surf-at-Island/i-R5JcDKt/0/M/TourneyForChuck-Striper-Entry-M.jpg

RickBomba
10-07-2012, 09:23 AM
If I could have put all the F'in bloos I caught today end to end, I would have won, if this was a bluefish tourney. Crazy.

Canalman
10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks again for everything from John and Me.

I have been busy as hell the last couple weeks and I haven't been able to get the prizes mailed out. I'm sorry. :grins::fury:

I should be able to get them out tomorrow or Wednesday.

Once John and I can get together we'll post the final cash amount we were able to raise for Chuck.

Get well soon Chuck! And Winners, watch your mailboxes!!

Incidentally, if you won something and you haven't heard from me... PM me and we'll straighten it out.

Thanks!
-Dave