View Full Version : popped knee while asleep ??

Saltheart
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Went to bed last night and was fine. When I got out of bed this morning my right knee was in serious pain. Very stiff and hard to straighten out and just a little puffy. feels like a strained ligament but could just be inflamation. So I'm straight legging it around today. Feels like a 3 or 4 day recovery (at least) injury.

Now I've popped my knees many many times over the years playing sports but this is unusual. I can't remember anything I did during the day yesterday that would account for it. I can't believe I did this while sleeping! :(

Of course this means I can't do much today either. Even going down the cellar stairs to play in my woodworking shop seems unlikely right now. Bummer...

Nebe
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Ouch !! I know the persctription. Some homebrew!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM
This happened to me last year. I think the injury was a week before but I got out of bed and couldn't walk.

Severe strain to my quad tendon but fortunately didn't require surgery.

5/0
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
You sure the wife not beating you while your asleep:rotf2:

johnny ducketts
10-01-2012, 06:15 PM
It happens quick, I'm still rehabbing from a torn pcl, hamstring tear, and mcl strain... I feel your pain

thefishingfreak
10-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I do it also. Over stretching in my sleep.
Fish oil pill once a day will work wonders. ;)

Nebe
10-01-2012, 06:40 PM
You sure the wife not beating you while your asleep:rotf2:

This very well could be Spence's mystery injury :hihi:

afterhours
10-01-2012, 06:50 PM
i used to have right knee issues like you described for years. turns out i was resting right leg over left which was causing problems. made concious effort not to do that and have been pain free for 2 yrs :).

FishermanTim
10-02-2012, 01:22 AM
You'd be surprised what kind of injuries can occur while you are asleep!
How many times have you heard someone make this comment : "I don't know how I hurt my 'XXXX' but it hurts when I do this?"
More often than not it happens when they are asleep, and it is a twisted/wrenched knee or elbow.

Saltheart
10-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Was worse yesterday than Monday morning. Yesterday there was visible swelling. Today its a little better. Hopefully back to normal by Friday.

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Was worse yesterday than Monday morning. Yesterday there was visible swelling. Today its a little better. Hopefully back to normal by Friday.

STOP humping your pillow. Or atleast make love to it and don't be so violent. Anyway I hope you feel better. BTW the rod has held up great:fishin:

OLD GOAT
10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
My wife beats the crap out of me as well.

Before geting out of bed cross your legs and try lifting them up two or three times then cross them the other way and do it again.
This will tighten the mussels around the knees.
Hope this helps

Saltheart
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I figure it will be back to normal tomorrow. I'll know for sure when I get out of bed and my thoughts are about how stiff my back feels instead of how painful my knee is! Tough getting old! :)

Glad to hear you are having good success with the rod Jay.

OG , I think its good advice to warm up before engaging in any strenuous activity like playing ball or running or getting out of bed in the morning! :)