View Full Version : final voyage on the canal.....

bobber
10-03-2012, 10:27 PM
got to Scusett last night around 6:30.... little light rain coming down, and some people around like you would expect. as I made my way down to the water, a guy stanig on the path stopped me and asked if Icould give his father-in-law's boat a little pusf back in the water(?)

there was NO boat anywheere in sight....I mean, this IS the Canal, and 500 footers go by all the time, right?!?

then he pointed out a small white object at the edge of the water- a small home made pirate ship was stuck on the edge of the current. turns out his F-I-L was "on board" this little miniature boat (cremated) and was off on his final journey; his last wish was to be sent out to sea and he was stuck in the eddy next to east-running tide.

so I gave the guy a good shove off, and he sailed off into the ever-after......

just thought I'd share........

Jackbass
10-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Wow that is pretty neat. I am being sent off in many places when I go. Cremated and dropped off at my favorite places. Great story
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rob Rockcrawler
10-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Thats pretty cool, when my time comes i know where i want my final voyage to be.

JohnR
10-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Wow.

BigFish
10-04-2012, 07:07 AM
My ashes will be feeding the fish at Ballston Beach on an outgoing tide at sunset!!!!!:uhuh: Ummmm....hopefully not for a long while yet!!!!!:jump1:

PaulS
10-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Cool. I wonder if he wanted the ship lite on fire?

Hookedagain
10-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Last year my wife and I took my son to his first Sox game (hey, they were a bit better then). After the game we were at the wall near the bull pen taking some pictures and this couple came over and asked me to take their picture. No problem. As I am just about ready to snap the picture, ready? 1....2....3 the guy pulls out a small glass jar and dumps it on the field. Pictured captured! What was that? Do you want me to take another pic seeing though you moved? No thank you...just wanted a pic of us dumping my mother on the field. I handed him his camers back and they left. I took a picture of his mother. Very strange the way it happened.

Kierran
10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks for sharing; cool story.

striperman36
10-04-2012, 04:35 PM
a pirate ship eh? Flaming Viking Ship?

roym
10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
fishing a jetty on Poppy several years ago with a group of people on the beach. One by one (six or seven times in all)they came to the tip of the jetty and cast a paper bag with ashes of their loved one who had fished that same jetty for years and requested his ashes be released there. Kind of creepy but even worse was I would respectfully get off the jetty each time they came out, even though the bluefish were hot and heavy

Sea Flat
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I think I want to have something done like that to my ashes as well. Probably by the bluffs off of Nashawena though.

bostonharbor
10-05-2012, 08:04 PM
When my youngest son was about 4 He asked what would happen to Me w
hen I died.I told Him to put me in My Whaler, set it on fire and launch Me from the Herring River. He said "Dad,that boats still good!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

macojoe
10-05-2012, 10:25 PM
My Dad is soon to be 76, he has been disabled since breaking his neck back in the 80's.
He comes down every year and I take him fishing in my boat,he loves it!! Look's forward to it every year! He lives in VT. and doesn't get out much.
He loves Fluking and we always go to the Vineyard when he is here, This year included! But he is getting real tough to handle now, and with my health not well right now it was tougher than normal . While out there he said I love this place, and said promise me that when I die you will come to VT. get me, and spread my ashes here! I said thats up to your wife. He said no its up to me, the next day we went had a paper made up, signed it and notarised. Called his wife and told her, she said thats fine with her!

It will be sad to see him go, but like I did with my mother this past spring, I followed her instructions to the letter, and will his also!!

Green Light
10-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Kool!

bobber
10-07-2012, 03:10 PM
its a final tribute to your friend and/or family..... and its the least we can do for a loved one.

I'll figure out my "plans" someday..... it'll definitley be on the water someplace.