View Full Version : Post-debate polls

Jim in CT
10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
First wave of polling coming in after the debate. Much bigger swing for Romney than I would have guessed. I gather that close to 70 million people watched the debate, and according to Gallup, 72% of the viewers thought Romney won the debate. That's the largest debate victory ever recorded by Gallup. Must be a lot of racists out there, I guess.

The Pew Research survey of likely voters went from an 8-point Obama lead before the debate, to a 4-point Romney lead after the debate. I would not have guessed a 12-point swing was in the works, but these polls have been very volatile.

The VP debate is this week. I hope Ryan asks 'Plugs' how the administration could conceivably conclude that 5 days after the Libyan enbassy attack, that is was a spontaneous reaction to a movie clip, rather than a well-coordinated terrorist attack. That's either abysmal ignorance, or willful dishonesty. There isn't a 3rd alternative. And neither option is acceptable foreign policy.

spence
10-09-2012, 08:51 PM
A week ago people were about to write Romney off as DOA.

Romney appears to have got a good bounce which is strange considering the liberal media should have come to Obama's defense.

We're likely to see a lot of movement in the polls before it's all over.

-spence

scottw
10-10-2012, 03:13 AM
A week ago people were about to write Romney off as DOA.

-spence

no, just you.. and a couple of knuckleheads that you dragged up and /or misquoted-misrepresented:) historically speaking he's always been in very good position, historically speaking Obama is in a very bad position and the factors that he needs to convince Americans that he is better suited to deal with are not going to improve before the election and may get much worse...I suppose he could sprinkle some more pixie dust on the unemployment number and claim it's dropped to 5% or something:rotf2:

this is one of the unfortunate side effects of living in SPENCEWORLD, you assert one of your many odd statements of fact and a short time later the complete opposite becomes very obviously true...then as was recently pointed out.... you shift language, suggest that anyone that disagrees is a liar, stupid or or part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy or you disappear for several days hoping things have moved on and return claiming that you were singlehandedly saving American Industry and then sometimes start a bizarre thread about gay Boy Scouts or something to try to change the subject...:rotf2:

you are pretty amusing.....that's why we love you:uhuh::love:

buckman
10-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Even the media has tired of carrying the Presidents water
Btw where's Biden been.
What a team those two make!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

justplugit
10-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Even the media has tired of carrying the Presidents water
Btw where's Biden been.
What a team those two make!

And to think Joe is a heartbeat away from being Commander in Chief.
Now that is scarey.

Jim in CT
10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
And to think Joe is a heartbeat away from being Commander in Chief.
Now that is scarey.

The timing of the Ryan-Biden debate could not be worse for Obama. Granted, it's likely that not many folks will see this debate. But those who do, will see the difference between (1) a guy who bases his opinions on irrefutable data, common sense, and Catholic decency, versus (2) a burnt-out liberal hack who will only be able to hurl unsubstantiated insults.

Romney disemboweled Obama last week. This could be even more of a landslide, because Ryan has a better command of facts than Romney, and Biden is more of a clown than Obama.

buckman
10-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Biden has been studying the numbers for the past week
He will know them
Ryan will know them and how they work.
Don't be surprised if Joe falls on his way to the podium.

Bronko
10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Biden will be alright with the foreign policy issues should they come up, and will pander to the black and hispanic vote as much as possible. However Ryan will bury him with numbers and having an actual plan. Biden is easily rattled and can be drawn into saying something completely innapropriate at the most inopportune times. Ryan will attack him and see if he can get crazy Joe to snap. Should be fun to watch.

Raider Ronnie
10-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Biden has been studying the numbers for the past week
He will know them
Ryan will know them and how they work.
Don't be surprised if Joe falls on his way to the podium.

I'm hoping for some comedy lines like telling the guy in the wheel chair to stand up and take a bow !
Or maybe he can whisper to Ryan
"This debate is a big #^&#^&#^&#^&ing deal"

Sea Dangles
10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
The timing of the Ryan-Biden debate could not be worse for Obama. Granted, it's likely that not many folks will see this debate. But those who do, will see the difference between (1) a guy who bases his opinions on irrefutable data, common sense, and Catholic decency, versus (2) a burnt-out liberal hack who will only be able to hurl unsubstantiated insults.

Romney disemboweled Obama last week. This could be even more of a landslide, because Ryan has a better command of facts than Romney, and Biden is more of a clown than Obama.

Catholic decency= oxymoron
top to bottom
literally and figuratively
Father Porter is still smiling

Raider Ronnie
10-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Also,
Maybe Joe can tell us how we need to save Bigbird, who along with Cookie Monster, Bert & Ernie ect.....
have been on welfare their whole lives

Jim in CT
10-10-2012, 10:20 AM
top to bottom
Father Porter is still smiling

Last night in my state and your state, here is what happened...

- Many kids (including non-Catholics) got a great education at Catholic schools
- Many poor families (including non-Catholics) got free food at Catholic food banks
- Many homeless families (including non-Catholics) got a free place to stay at a Catholic shelter
- Many poor, sick folks (including non-Catholics) got free healthcare at Catholic hospitals
- Many parents availed themselfes of Catholic adoption services

Are Catholics perfect? Hell, no. But show me a religion, or any private group, that has done anywhere near as much charitable work?

You have fun with that search...

I assume you have bought into the theory that we're all abunch of pedophiles. Statistics show that other religions have similar rates of pedophilia, and that public schools have much higher rates of pedophilia. But you won't see that reported in teh liberal media, because the liberal media is sympathetic to teachers unions, but not to Catholics.

Every proest and bishop involved should be prosecuted fully. But the facts are, your kid is more at risk in public school than he is in Church. The otehr fact is that the vast majority of priests and parishoners have nothing to do with the scandal, and are as sickened by it as you are.

Sorry to interrupt your Catholic bashing rant with facts. The vast majority of American Catholic priests are selfless heroes, who work unbelievably long hours to serve others, for almost no pay. Our priest works in the elementary school all day, prepares for mass in the afternoons, and spends his evenings either visiting families or goingto the hospital to comfort the sick. He routinely works 15+ hour days. And he is one of many.

What do you do for others, that can even compare?

Sea Dangles
10-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Show me a religion where the hierachy was involved with the large scale denial and cover up of abuse of children who were told they could trust them?
Have fun with that search...
They make Sandusky look like a choir boy (pun intended)
BTW, my son goes to Catholic high school.
He also volunteers at a local charity that delivers meals and clothing and furniture to those in need.
We wrap presents for hours every holiday season as a family and deliver them to those who ask for help with a cross.
But he knows not to pick up the soap in front of the pervs.
This outlook will persist for generations despite the good deeds of the many.
The same way Germans are burdened with their past because of a few bad apples.
Become a Freemason instead.

Jim in CT
10-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Show me a religion where the hierachy was involved with the large scale denial and cover up of abuse of children who were told they could trust them?
Have fun with that search...
They make Sandusky look like a choir boy (pun intended)
BTW, my son goes to Catholic high school.
He also volunteers at a local charity that delivers meals and clothing and furniture to those in need.
We wrap presents for hours every holiday season as a family and deliver them to those who ask for help with a cross.
But he knows not to pick up the soap in front of the pervs.
This outlook will persist for generations despite the good deeds of the many.
The same way Germans are burdened with their past because of a few bad apples.
Become a Freemason instead.

" the hierachy was involved with the large scale denial"

The 'large scale' denialof which you speak, involved a small minority if Catholic bishops. Using that logic, I can say that everyone in your family is an ignorantg bogot, based just on the actions of you.

Do you know the addage about a few bad apples...?

"my son goes to Catholic high school."

That is truly bizarre. You said in your last post that'Catholic decency' is an oxymoron. Why on Earth would you leave your son in the care of people who, by your claim, are not capable of decency?

"he knows not to pick up the soap in front of the pervs"

I see. So you taught your son how to identify the bad guys by sight? Nice skill to have.

"This outlook will persist for generations "

I agree. Your brand of ignorance and bigotry will persist for generations. And I'm not minimizing the horrific pain caused by the pedophiles and those who covered it up. But the facts say that it was a small number of Catholics who were involved. Put it this way...Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime. But it isn't fashionable to bash the entire race. But that's exactly what you are doing to Catholics. Why? Because the liberal media is sympathetic to blacks, and the liberal media hates Catholics.

"Become a Freemason instead"

Thanks. I'm quite certain that the Catholic Church is where I belong.

"Show me a religion where the hierachy was involved with the large scale denial and cover up of abuse of children who were told they could trust them?"

Did you read my post? The data shows that rates of pedophilia are roughly the same in all the major religions. And rates of pedophilia are higher in public schools and in therapists' offices. Yet 99% of the media coverage of this terrible tragedy is focused on the Catholic Church.

I'm not going to try and defend what a small minority of bishops did in the cover-up. They are being punished. The victims are being cared for in the best possibkle way. I don't know what else to do. But I do know that brain-dead bigotry isn't productive.

Read the Catechism. There's some pretty decent stuff in there. In fact, if you follow it, it's just about impossible to not live a rich, meaningful, rewarding, charitable life. That's what it's about. Nothing sinister.

scottw
10-11-2012, 06:48 AM
". I don't know what else to do. But I do know that brain-dead bigotry isn't productive.

turn the other cheek Jim:uhuh:......boy did this thread go off the tracks:biglaugh:

justplugit
10-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Also,
Maybe Joe can tell us how we need to save Bigbird, who along with Cookie Monster, Bert & Ernie ect.....
have been on welfare their whole lives

I think Bigbird would even get the fact that we are out of money and
need to cut back on programs until we can get our debt paid down.
It is just crazy to borrow more money from China.

What is it that people don't understand why our country is going
bankrupt?
They want it ALL, and they want it NOW.

FishermanTim
10-11-2012, 11:58 AM
...What is it that people don't understand why our country is going
bankrupt?

And they want someone else to pay for it!!!

FishermanTim
10-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Joe Biden = Dan Quayle, all growed up!

Sea Dangles
10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I just thought it was ironic you would use the term "Catholic decency" as an attribute.I am not bashing Catholics,I think it is a fine religion that does a lot of good.I commend you for defending it while condemning a past which is notable in atrocity.I don't recall writing they are incapable of decency but it certainly sounds dramatic, which you have proven you are capable of providing.
In my town there was a priest at the Catholic church who "took up" with a parishoners wife.They divorced while he maintained his position at the chuch...certainly not a reflection on all Catholic priests.Just another example of "decency" I suppose. After all, we are all flawed.

Raider Ronnie
10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
I think Bigbird would even get the fact that we are out of money and
need to cut back on programs until we can get our debt paid down.
It is just crazy to borrow more money from China.

What is it that people don't understand why our country is going
bankrupt?

Bigbird gets a $314k a year salary.
Not exactly non profit !

scottw
10-12-2012, 01:37 AM
I just thought it was ironic you would use the term "Catholic decency" as an attribute. he was attributing the attribute to Ryan, is that not an attribute for Ryan?
I am not bashing Catholics,.
I don't recall writing they are incapable of decency...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles
top to bottom

you know what "oxymoron" means...right?