View Full Version : Tim Coleman

chris L
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
We are saddened by the news that well known fishing writer and columnist Tim Coleman passed away Thursday morning. His body was found on the sand trail in Weekapaug, Rhode Island. Coleman, 65, had apparently been fishing and was equipped with his gear when he was discovered by a walker. Our deepest condolences go out to his family, friends and colleagues.

Tim dedicated his life to fishing, including working for 27 years as managing editor of the Fisherman Magazine’s New England edition, followed by 10 years of freelance writing. Tim has written hundreds of articles in various regional and national magazines, including several articles in On The Water in recent years. To read one of Tim’s articles, follow this link to “Midnight Mosaic,” an article published in the April 2011 edition of On The Water in which Tim reflected on a lifetime of striper fishing, including his love for the beaches of Rhode Island.

lamigsb1
10-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Sad news. Another good one gone. At least he passed doing what he loved to do
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
10-10-2012, 03:49 PM
I wish I had been able to get to the memorial service back in June. I did not know him well but he was always hugely pleasant when I talked to him and truly one of the greats in and about what we do.