View Full Version : no chatter on Biden vs Ryan?

RIJIMMY
10-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I missed the debate but caught the CNN blah blah afterwards

Fly Rod
10-12-2012, 09:09 AM
There were no winners...biden was arrogant....all he did was scream....the one thing against Ryan that I thought is the abortion issue...I believe a women should be able to have an abortion up to a certain date of pregnancy

spence my have a different opinion

Raider Ronnie
10-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Biden couldn't win on intellect so he went the bully route.
Besides trying to be a bully was a buffoon with all the laughing !!!
Real presidential !

striperman36
10-12-2012, 09:50 AM
so you're jack kennedy now?

PRBuzz
10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
It was all malarkey!:biglaugh:

striperman36
10-12-2012, 10:02 AM
that's a bunch of stuff!!

And for him to say that's not mathematically possible was hilarious

Mr. Sandman
10-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Biden is such an ass. That Grinch of a smirk he has is so condescending. Really, I actually hope no one kills Obama between now and Nov because I couldn't bear him as the #1.

When I lived in the DC area I would see him all the time...a gaggle of young girls followed in his wake most of the time.

spence
10-12-2012, 10:06 AM
There were no winners...biden was arrogant....all he did was scream....the one thing against Ryan that I thought is the abortion issue...I believe a women should be able to have an abortion up to a certain date of pregnancy

spence my have a different opinion
Biden was just being his bombastic self. Over the top at times but I don't think it was out of character. I thought Biden was very prepared. He did a great job of attacking the Romney platform and backed up most everything with data.

Ryan did well to hold his ground. He seemed a bit nervous at times with all the water sipping, he must have drank a 1/2 gallon.

Overall it was a very entertaining debate and I think did a much better job of offering contrasts than the first one. The moderation was much better. Many are offering this one as a draw subtracting style points for Biden's aggressiveness. I thought Biden dominated the first 1/2 and the second half Ryan was able to assert himself a bit more.

Considering what was on the line if Biden choked, I think he delivered in a big way...

I doubt it will change any minds but it was important to equalize the media coverage going into the town hall next week.

-spence

striperman36
10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
the dialogue was better than Comedy Central could have done it.

It never happened
Well, ok maybe it happened twice.
It never happened
it's mathematically impossible

So many opportunities,

I don't think anybody is going to change their mind based on the discussion.
It just showed how different the 2 parties are

Scuttlebutt
10-12-2012, 10:55 AM
The young whipper snapper gets a brow beating from the career politician. Seriously... Biden was embarrassing to watch...very unprofessional IMO. Smirks, Smiles, rolling eyes, shaking of head, interruptions. Ryan seemed nervous and tentative at the beginning. I thought there were a few times where he was gonna give Smiling Bob a taste of his own medicine...but he showed good restraint and kept his comments on topic. No losers here...both sides should benefit.

RIJIMMY
10-12-2012, 11:04 AM
again - didnt see debate but wish Ryan had said the following when Biden kept interrupting -

"Mr Vice President, can you listen for once and stop talking? Is it possible for you and the President to actually listen? you didnt listen to the people when they were against your healthcare reform, you didnt listen to your generals who advised against your Iraq policy, you didnt listen to the house of representatives when we proposed a budget. Can you, just for this brief time on national tv, change your demeanor so we can have a constructive disucssion?"

Would have been brilliant....

justplugit
10-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I would say it was a tie, with few if any changing their minds because of
the debate.

Nothing new,basically it came down to what people want, another 4 years of hope,change and spending, or smaller govt, less spending and paying down the debt.

Biden's demeanor was rediculous, actually embarassing for an American VP and
world leader.

Saltheart
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM
No winners jus a big clown of a loser and a rookie loser. Waste of time.

I can't believe Biden actually is still denying that the Lybian Embassy wanted more security and was denied. I can't belive Ryan didn't comment on the presidents assessment that the Lybian Terrorist Attack on 9/11 was just a speed bump in the road.

Anyway , I nodded off when they first started (boring) but only missed 5 minutes at the very beginning. I thought Biden was acting like a drunken buffoon.

spence
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
I can't believe Biden actually is still denying that the Lybian Embassy wanted more security and was denied. I can't belive Ryan didn't comment on the presidents assessment that the Lybian Terrorist Attack on 9/11 was just a speed bump in the road.
I believe he was responding with we as in the Administration leadership. From what I've read the funding denials were at a deputy Sec State level and never reached the top.

I also believe that your second statement isn't accurate. Obama wasn't specifically talking about the Libyan embassy attack, he was talking about Islamic protests in general as part of the ongoing political transformations.

“I think it was absolutely the right thing for us to do to align ourselves with democracy, universal rights a notion that people have to be able to participate in their own governance,” Obama said. “But I was pretty certain and continue to be pretty certain that there are going to be bumps in the road because, you know, in a lot of these places, the one organizing principle has been Islam. The one part of society that hasn't been controlled completely by the government. There are strains of extremism, and anti-Americanism, and anti-Western sentiment.”

-spence

Saltheart
10-12-2012, 08:41 PM
No , he was at the time still saying the Lybian attack was a protest and not an outright terrorist attack by a group of terrorists Lybia is hosting. What he was calling an Islamic Protest and people participating in their governence by protesting was in fact a terrorist attach and he knew it and was still trying to cover it up because its a huge political bomb and IMO could be his undoing as more and more info goes public.
Deputy Sec level decisions made on the request of an embassy in an Islamic hotbed of terrorism and violence like lYbia because of budget restraints??? You acxtually believe that? That request went instantly to his national security advisors then to him. He and his admistration denied additional security because he didn't want to ruffle the feathers of his Islamic "friends" and risk bad press before the election. . Now they are denying all knowledge of the increased security request because if they don't they are political dead meat. That kind of decision made at a dep sec level??? Open your eyes! Everything he does and says now is about getting reelected. Lying is a way of life for this administration right now because they are teatering on the brink of total collapse. I hope Romney pounds on that whole wasp nest of lies next Tuesday. Obama is now in a house of cards with lies as its foundation and if Romney pounds on it I think its ready to crumble and come tumbling down.

scottw
10-13-2012, 05:58 AM
RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa)

this is a great one to have in your favorites, pretty good synopsis of all of the polls, also on the main page provides a good blend of articles from a wide spectrum of sources which give you a good snapshot of opinion on current topics from the various camps, fascinating to see how the veep debate was percieved, apparently many loved:

"Chris Wallace hammered Vice President Joe Biden's excessive smiling and laughing during the debate, saying that he's never seen anyone be so disrespectful in a presidential or vice presidential debate.

And Wallace said that he'd seen most of them — all but the first four in 1960. He called his demeanor "unprecedented."

"I don't believe I've ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other as Biden was to Paul Ryan tonight," Wallace said.

He added: "It was openly contemptuous and disrespectful.""

and think it's probably a winning strategy :uhuh: in the Obama age of civility.....

spence
10-13-2012, 08:05 AM
No , he was at the time still saying the Lybian attack was a protest and not an outright terrorist attack by a group of terrorists Lybia is hosting. What he was calling an Islamic Protest and people participating in their governence by protesting was in fact a terrorist attach and he knew it and was still trying to cover it up because its a huge political bomb and IMO could be his undoing as more and more info goes public.
Deputy Sec level decisions made on the request of an embassy in an Islamic hotbed of terrorism and violence like lYbia because of budget restraints??? You acxtually believe that? That request went instantly to his national security advisors then to him. He and his admistration denied additional security because he didn't want to ruffle the feathers of his Islamic "friends" and risk bad press before the election. . Now they are denying all knowledge of the increased security request because if they don't they are political dead meat. That kind of decision made at a dep sec level??? Open your eyes! Everything he does and says now is about getting reelected. Lying is a way of life for this administration right now because they are teatering on the brink of total collapse. I hope Romney pounds on that whole wasp nest of lies next Tuesday. Obama is now in a house of cards with lies as its foundation and if Romney pounds on it I think its ready to crumble and come tumbling down.
You're missing the point.

His remark was a response to this question:

KROFT: Have recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?

He's not glossing over the embassy attack, he's speaking in context of the much larger trend that's shaping the reason.

-spence

scottw
10-13-2012, 08:27 AM
You're missing the point.

-spence

isn't everyone? :)

scottw
10-15-2012, 05:31 AM
He did a great job of attacking the Romney platform and backed up most everything with data.

-spence

sadly, his data is seldom factual, when you lack facts you grin, act "bombastic" and interrupt a lot accusing the other guy of lying ...I'll give him credit for being able to stumble through many of the popular talking points, however inaccurate, I like this.. "Private Reality":uhuh: of course, for Biden, it's been pretty consistent throughout his career which apparently makes him very popular in the alternate universe but I think the average voter was pretty appalled, at this point in the campaign I'd imagine the undecided are looking for reasonable leaders that can work with Congress and I'm not sure that Biden displayed any of that...when you combine Obama's arrogance and Biden's buffonery, I'm not sure you get a winning message unless you occupy that "other" universe....he might have fired up the alternate universe a little, but they are looking/hoping for a dictator...but that's about it...when they hold the Million Muppet March here shortly, they should really consider making Biden the Band Leader...put him right out front high stepping and grinning with a giant baton, like Nacny Pelosi's giant gavel...he's clearly the Top Sock Puppet:)

Rasmussen and Gallup = Romney 49......Obama 47
47...that's so funny:)

Obama was up by 7.3 points at this point in 08'
http://www.policymic.com/articles/16522/latest-presidential-polls-rcp-average-says-obama-and-romney-tied-in-the-electoral-map

Biden?s Private Reality - National Review Online (http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/330383)